Vhst Carb For Beta

carl ekblom

Just a thought..... y'all seem to be having carb problems doon south but round here where the Beta is by far the most popular bike, I've yet to hear a single person complaining of problems with their '06 (apart from the old "don't park it facing downhill without first turning the fuel off and revving it a few times" issue which was the same on my '02, '03 and '04 bikes)... Wonder if it's isolated to a couple of dealers in the south of the UK who received a batch of friday afternoon bikes?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Heath, pick up mine is quite good now but would like to change the reeds as well, if you ve got a source for them let me know appreciate it. I ve got a helmet cam if Barry wants to do a video nasty some day? could be good viewing

... picked mine up from Lampkins, it was a friend of Gary's (lampkins spares top man) and obviously came from Lampkins direct when new...it is an 05 and when i first had it leaked fuel. Did all the adjustments as per my site and it has been spot on since. Only thing i would like to try is the reeds.... i would like a bit quicker response off the bottom end. May not have the riding ability for it but now Barry has learnt to use my camera i better get into this looping it off steps lark :beer:

Yep we all need too see more effort into looping it from all the r2w lot!!! :P take some pressure off me!

Hi Heath, pick up mine is quite good now but would like to change the reeds as well, if you ve got a source for them let me know appreciate it. I ve got a helmet cam if Barry wants to do a video nasty some day? could be good viewing

Not sure if i`d break it mind but may come out a tad boring as 95% of the time I come off ok! apart from that hanging upside down in a tree by my leg bit the other day of course!!! :D

I have done about 10 hours of riding with the R9359 carb and I like it. I prefer to keep the needle in 4th or 5th groove as I felt it was a little bit lean with the needle in the middle position.

With the original 111 main jet the engine was four stroking at full throttle runs. The cure was a 105 main jet. No four stroking or hesitation at all in 2nd or 3rd gear full throttle road runs. Now it really revs out.

So far I have not felt any pre ignition under any conditions or throttle openings.

About the R9354 carb: I have got the information that this was the old VHST carb for Beta. It has now been replaced with the R9359 which is intended to be an improved version with larger fuel valve etc.

I have found that dust may pass straight through the air filter, into the idle system air jet and then block or partially block the idle jet causing idling problems and small throttle running problems.

So from now and on I regulary do some air filter maintenance. Keeping the filter clean and lightly oiled.

Carl

Hi Carl

Looks like you are becoming the Dellorto R&D man, and possibly the saviour for all of us disillusioned rev 3 riders who have problems. Have a think about selling the finished product to the UK after you have got the set up just right, could be a seller - I would have one straight away

Edited by Betarev3

• 4 months later...