Boots Again!

superflytx270

Hi

After last weeks outing my first pair of boots (Wulfsport cheapies) broke a buckle :D

I bought these to start off with and 9 months later the stitching from one of the buckle retainers has come undone.

After extensive web surfing i've come across these :

Novogars (Gas Gas uk site)

Try to look for some SIDI's...I love 'em. Very comfortable, strong, long lasting, and you can buy new soles for them.

Not sure what they'd cost in UK though.

SOunds like nearly all boots leak...including mine!!...but I bought a pair of waterproof socks from BVM-moto and they work REALLY well...strongly reccomend them :D

Stu

It will probably be difficult as there aren't that many riders over here, and the market is a bit limited. The best way is to contact the distributors to see if you can get a bike off them, but don't be too surprised if you get a luke warm response as most would be lucky to sell 10 new bikes a year!!

Beta importer is Kapiti Motorcycles phone/fax +64 4 2970240

Sherco importer is TrialsportNZ phone/fax +64 3 579 2106

Montesa and Scorpa importer is Nelson Trials Centre phone/fax +64 3 572 7599

Gas Gas importer is Peter Boettcher phone/fax +64 9 522 4810

There are however many companies that rent out normal off road bikes, and some companies that do guided off road tours. I have a friend in Christchurch that does guided tours around the south island - they are more like extreme trail rides with some pretty amazing scenery. Saying that he can also cater for more inexperienced riders as well - his web site is http://www.adventureride.co.nz so go and have a look if you are interested.

I will ask around to see if any of the trials guys can come up with something anyway.

Cheers

Wayne

I have always used Gaerne boots, good quality for reasonable price, somebody nicked my last pair so a friend lent me his spare pair of HEBO's

very heavy 800 grams heavier than my new Gaerne balance I just bought from Stevens Trials centre price was

a bit of basal brush there stu or maby not! ;) just dont but alpinestar no stops they leek water like a sive very comfy and supportive though but that is all i can give them and they only last about six months till they start to fall apart

a bit of basal brush there stu or maby not! ;) just dont but alpinestar no stops they leek water like a sive very comfy and supportive though but that is all i can give them and they only last about six months till they start to fall apart

Have you tried Mink Oil on these? I pu good oldfashined mink oil (paste form) all around where sole meets leather, keeps most of the water out. I usually go ahead and treat the whole boot once, right out of the box.

after 2 rides they dont look "wet" like they will after you Mink them babees LOL

Hi wayneg..

Sorry I missed your reply of Feb 24th. Thanks for all that info...I will definately be checking out your friends web-site. I'd love to go trialing over there...but any biking holiday is better than sitting on a beach (if you ask me)...I think I'd even rather work than sit on a beach!!

Cheers again!!!

My 14 yr old lad wears Hebo's, he's had them almost a year now and they are still going strong. I too have had a pair for 18 months and they lasted quite well but I found the leather became too soft, they don't come as high up the shin either (as some of the rivals don't) as perhaps my 6 month old Alpine Stars which I have found to be much more of a sturdy boot. As for their water resistant ability, out of all of the boots I have tried - Hebo, Gaerne, Novogar, Alpine Stars, Sidi, I have found them to be pretty much on a level. If you use a decent oil/wax such as 'Nikwax' they seem pretty much on a par. For all round protection and comfort I have found my Alpine Stars the best yet, the buckles are strong and rarely come undone and the leather is strong enough for protection but not too rigid for comfort. But as with all things in life others may feel differently.

Eiger.