Bradford Trial

kinell

A brilliant trial with 4 laps of 10 sections in perfect Lancashire weather (p****d down all day). I hope the Observers have dried out and warmed up now, especially the young lad on No. 10 who got bullied, abused and showered in mud by 'riders' he had fived. :D

There was a problem there recently so I hope that BDMC are allowed to run trials there in the future. Well done and thanks to the land owner, organisers, observers and helpers. :wall:

It was a good trial but it was quite slippy in some places!! just finally dried out!:D that is wrong with that young observer on section 10 he gave up his own time and got p*** wet trough for us! :wall:

Thanks for the comments.

Regarding the incident on section 10 it will be sorted out at our next club meeting. Thursday. If anyone has anymore information like names, riders numbers etc please contact Ron 01282619499.

We can not and will not allow this to happen again

i understand that the people who own the land are aware of defra and the like and are now only allowing the land to be used twice a year, last weekend for the red rose classic pre 65 trial and this weekend for the bradford trial

fantastic venue , great stream and hillside sections just make sure your brakes work because the hill side is steep and i wouldn't ant my bike to break down as theres NO WAY you could push the thing out way toooo steep

There is a farmhouse at the bottom end of the beck, a flattish track leads to Trawden if you keep pushing for long enough! My mate Sharpy had to do this once whilst I drove round in the van :wall:

Just to add to the thread on the observer at section 10, had a few comments given to me by 3 riders NOT involved with the incident after the trial naming names.

The riders who were involved know who you are, and I do now.

It is hard enough getting observers these days, especially when it is cold and wet. And it was COLD & WET !!!!

I can assure all that the club will not stand for this sort of treatment of the observers, young or old.

They have given up their free time to help the sport.

At the start of the trial we were short of observers, this young fella put his hand up to help out, and look what he got as a reward.

A total disgraceful show from a pathetic minority.

I'm sure we are all appalled by the actions of the riders abusing an observer, If you are not please come queue at my section at the next trial., perhaps the lad should have been aware of the "10" Rule:angry:

Stuart, please let Sue know of these riders, I'm pretty sure once back she'll be interested in knowing who they are else Mail me off forum and I'll make sure YG's next meeting has the information. I observed at Horsforth on Sunday and yet again not enough observers were available and only 8 out of ten sections were manned. I, like Bradford's and Richmond's volunteers was wet and cold but in this case every rider thanked me and a few chatted before going on their way. My daughter has expressed an intrest in coming out and "having a go". Lets say that If anybody came along and did what they did to this lad to my daughter they would not get away with it lightly. The privilege of riding in the Yorkshire centre may very well be taken away from these riders and they damn well deserve it!!!!!!

North Yorkshire Lad (my son) does get uptight about observing,(especially mine on sunday), but as I have said to him before, providing they are consistent for every rider then that's as fair as it can be, be polite and remember they don't have to do it!

Edited by Telecat