125cc World Class Vs Us Expert Class

mich lin

Compare the scores! The US Expert class was soundly beaten by the 125cc world championship riders.

I knew it was going to be interesting having our Experts ride against the 125cc World riders and the US Pro class riding against Laia Sanz. It was the first time we could really compare head to head where our US riders stand against the rest of the world.

Now we know we have some solid work to do! Where we need to make changes and its the proper time to do it.

Edited by Mich Lin

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The U.S. got beat good.

In the section I was checking Line selection was important thru a tight squeeze of about 4-5 feet.

The US riders don't know how to pick lines. ( a good one)

US Ex. and PRO's would ride a totally different line and have 3 points before

the next checker would take over. Then 5 it on the exit.

Bike size made no difference. The WR guys and gal had a good line and everyone of them basically took the same line and would clean it. The US riders basically took a different line but like sheep following each other on the same line as all the US guys and 5 it one after another. We the checkers were even telling them the lines the WR guys were doing but too no avail.

Cody Webb won because he rode with the WR guys and rode there lines.

Congrats Cody

Thanks Moto, I've been saying that same thing for YEARS! Get our guys into the A class at the TDN and the world championship. Then learn by watching the world's best.

Guess that proves the point once and for all!

Ha, I was waiting for that! Scores don't lie. Results not excuses!

I've heard all the ride with ourselves, do it our NATC way or the hi-way arguments plastered here before. Claiming that will put us in the world championship hunt agian. Go ahead, keep doing the same things over and over agian year after year.

See how far that gets our riders. Geez, that will work! Like was said so plainly by a man who was there in the section. Our riders rode like sheeple, except the guy who won, he rode with the world round riders.

That's what it takes, get out with the world round riders. I decided not to come when our Pro riders were put on the Jr championship line. I knew it would be interesting however, our Pros having to beat Laia Sanz! Which a lot failed to do.

Which is amazing, don't you think?

Edited by Mich Lin

Brian R

Are you sure? I see no evidence that anyone wants to do what it takes to make a differnce.

Lane, scores are not evidence that someone wants to do something, that would be evidence that they were done and successful. I saw plenty of people out there working their tails off to make trials in the US as successful as they could help to make it be.

You act as though you have all the answers, and scream loudly here on this and other forums how you made everything in US trials happen etc. etc. yet where are your results in the WR that we just had? Were you there to help the US guys out? Did you help the California guys train and prepare? Did you share your wisdom with someone that bought in and made it happen?

Again, I saw lots and lots of folks working hard to make it a success. Looked around, and did not see you at all. And am a little confused as to why you were not there now, seems like you have posted a couple of conflicting stories, or maybe complimentary stories as to why you were not there already today..... Were you not there and decided months ago because the Pro's rode the midline, or because Debbie had surgery, or you had to work either way, you cannot tell if people were trying off from what you read in the internet.

Alan, simple questions, how many world rounds have you been to?

How many TDNs have you been to?

How many world championship trials have you ridden?

How many world championship points have you scored?

Just for the record, not being confrontive.

I didn't do anything at this event! Sorry I didn't realize that disqualifies me from having any observations. I'll go away now after this post and stop commenting to anyone on any footballs games I didn't personally attend either.

I didn't realize you had to personally have gone to or worked a game or trial to be a fan and have an opinion. My mistake, thanks for clearning that point up Alan!

I didn't help any of the US riders at the world round or the organizers! Hey, none of them would want my help anyway. What do I know about this sport? They are the current experts, not me!

The event was a huge success without me! Wasn't I better off at my job and taking care of my family? I think so! Besides I had no interest in the world round without US riders in contention on any level "except Cody Webb" who should be commended for his 4th place finish. Maybe someday, we will have other US riders in the hunt but how and when?

I'll leave the US team and the future of American success in the steady hands of the people like you Alan, working in the trenches. You guys have the answers and have made it very clear you don't like my approach to anything anyway. Not to mention I've been told to but out.

What could an old guy like me bring to the table that might help todays youngsters? Nothing of course!

Simply, I don't volenteer to help anymore, because nobody wants it. I've offered! Besides, guys like you are more current than I and are right in there already!

It seems foolish to me to spend my time and money on a program that I disagree with. Taking that factor into consideration, do you think it's fair to even ask me why I didn't come or work at the event at my own expense?

I will take this one pleasure. The US pro class was hard pressed by Sanz and US youngsters would be better off on the same bikes as the rest of the world. It's fun to say" I told you so!"

I'll wait a short while, then I'll be able to do it again sometime soon somewhere. My guess will be the US TDN team dropping back to the B class at the TDN. I hope I'm proved wrong!

Too long to quote, but

None, never, nope, aint done it, and for the record have not doubted that you have a vast wealth of experience to draw from.

Then again, I do not belittle, badger and badmouth the folks that are out there doing it and putting in the effort.

I try and add my piece as best I can and support the folks that are doing it as best they can without trying to say I have all the answers and created everything (because I did not and do not)

Maybe you should ask yourself why "nobody" want's your help. (your quote)

Looking forward to seeing Team Leavittation at the top of the World podium soon.