125cc World Class Vs Us Expert Class

mich lin

I knew someone would start this cra--p! Why not do a little bashing on the Pro class too, Mich? They were all busy getting the sh--t kicked out of themselves too, by a bunch of kids! Cody rides smart and came out on top of the US kids, youth has its advantages!

This was a very tough event and took its toll on many, the average US expert rider did good to finish! No wonder the Sans girl broke down!(I wish I could get her to scream at me that way! Just for a little while! That hot blooded little Spanish temper could be fun!)

In adding to AtomAnts comments, two things come to mind:

1- Lack of conditioning by the US riders, as it is difficult to stay "on top" of the bike when you are exhausted!

2- The 125's would find grip when the big bikes would not! Same with the Juniors as they are soo good on the clutch in the slick stuff! That is a lesson to be learned by many!

:)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a earlier post I said LINE selection is what makes them better.

I'm sure there are other things too.

BUT I think ENGINE SIZE makes NO difference  125 vs. 250-300

I DIDN'T want to have someone start a 125 battle AGAIN

IF your taught to ride EXACT lines.( 2" to the right, rear to the left 4"

Now Weight back and pop. Front wheel left 2" OK set) Your probally going to get pretty good.

Don't matter what SIZE bike. If you can put the bike in the

right spot 95% of the time it makes it look easy. Line up wrong, start off on the side of the tire instead of staight up then add mud and easy dry rocks turn to hell when only half the tire is on the ground.   

There Youth and Junior Minders did the same things that Doogie's,Caby's, Raga's did.

Have the rider place the bike EXACTLY where they wanted it.

The US guys just started the next part of the section where they ended up.

That looks close enough ? Lets go around that rock?

Just a note, Wiggy's minder was USA's Brock Sattlemeier

I think our National guys train and compete on sections not up to "world" standards. It looked like the Experts and Pros were riding this type of terrain for the first time in many cases. Why not make our upper class sections more difficult (more world-type sections)? Sure, the points will be higher for all competitors but that is part of learning. Increase the overall challenge and our top guys will improve over time. If our top guys are scoring low points in our normal Nationals, then the sections are not challenging enough. Not to point fingers here, but Geoff Aaron is a great rider but looked like an amateur against the World Juniors.

Insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results!

I think this applies to the present US Trials scene. The NATC must have given up on ever having another US World Champion because the system they have in place hasn't worked for 3 decades yet they refuse to consider radical change. Maybe they don't care about the WTC because their mission statement says that they are only concerned with the US National C-ship. Even if that's the case, they have not been very successful in the Pro class with only 5 people competing in the 2005 series.

I gotta know, what will you do to get more participation in the pro class?

Repeditive for sure!

I offered a workable compromise last year to the NATC, they flushed the proposal that would have helped turn around the slide in US riding levels. Maybe this year they will reconsider?