Will 305 Go Into 240?

kt-milly

Does anyone know if a 305 engine will fit into a 240 frame? Obviously some mods to exhaust etc will be needed, but are the engine mounts etc the same? Have a 300 engine in at the moment, bit would like the reed valve 305 motor for the smoother bottom end grunt.

Does anyone know if a 305 engine will fit into a 240 frame? Obviously some mods to exhaust etc will be needed, but are the engine mounts etc the same? Have a 300 engine in at the moment, bit would like the reed valve 305 motor for the smoother bottom end grunt.

So you are going to ditch the bedframe with wheels then?

Yes, the 305 motor can be sQUEEZED in but the frame needs modding. The bigger flywheel will sit on the bottom right frame tube and there are three oiptions. 1) Flaten the tube substantialy with a big hammer. I did this for my 303 motor and them added a top engine mount also. 2.)The second option is to cut out tone or both bottom frame tubes. I and many others dont recommend this as the 240 frame is weak at the headstock. Some have done it and used a 303 sumpguard. This version can only work with a top engine mount I think. The thrid option is to leave the fraME AND MAKE NEW FROM ENGINE MOUNTS: tHE BACK MOUNT ON THE SWINGARM PIVOT STAYS THE SAME AND THE FRONT ; WHEN LIFTING THE ENGINE TO CLEAR THE FRAME TUBES; WILL MOVE UP ABOUT 25MM AND BACK SLIGHTLY: hAVE A LOOK IN THE FANTIC SECTION AS i HAVE PICTURES OF WHAT i DID: (oops!)

hth

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8066

LEE

Edited by Lee Harris

No point ditching the 'bedframe' as you put it, it's a far better bike than I am rider! You know the feeling more than I, seem to remember beating you on it last time you rode your modern nail, 'bout time you rode your frankentaco soon eh? Nice to see you've seen the light and purchased a V Dub, is it the fast one?