Rev3 125

stuessenhigh

OK...here goes..maybe a stupid question..but then I often ask the stupid ones.

Saw a guy a while ago putting in a VERY good ride on a GG125 at a trial...and it got me thinking about the Beta 125's......(also, there seem to be plenty of Beta 125s for sale at the mo. and Im in the market for a bike)...all the 250s etc. I've looked at so far have had very hard lifes...

Anyway..to try and get to the point.

I'm JUST over 10 stone in weight..so there are probably a few teenagers around at the same weight as me.

Would a Rev3 125 be worth considering??...I'm not a great rider...kind of a 50/50 rider in a typical South midland mud-fest

I believe there is also a "race-kit" available for the 125 which gives it a bit more puff.

SO....let me have it...am I being crazy considering it.???

I am one of those teenagers that's 11 and a half stone and ride a Beta 125. As long as the bike is set up well, you might find you ride better on a 125 than a 250 because of the smooth power delivery.

It'll probably improve you as a rider as well, because you'll have to rely on technique rather than power :rolleyes:

Beta120690....do you have the "race kit" fitted to yours??..I believe it even includes a different carb??...what year is your 125??

Agree with your points also BigJohn....just havent seen any 200s for sale down here recently. Seem to be a few 125s though

Back to Beta120690...if you do have that kit fitted...how much difference do you think it makes.

And finally...not that it really matters much to a rider of my ability...but is the 125 a lighter bike than the 150...I guess not since its still the same frame etc right?

dont really no if it is any help cause it is a different bike but im also one of those teenagers that weighs 11 and 1/2 stona and my gasser 125 03 pulls me up me fine with no trouble at all! :rolleyes:

cheers

sean

p.s sorry if not valid/helpful!

Stu I also had the same thoughts as you in March this year, except I went a bought new Beta 125. Everyone thought this was a crazy idea, going from a Beta 270 to a 125!! However, I haven't ridden the 270 since! I'm 11 stone and find the 125 has plenty of power for me and believe I do ride it better then the 270. It has the racing kit fitted (available from John Lampkin) which includes different jets for the carb, a different middle box for the exhaust plus you can fully advance the timing for even more power(which I haven't done).

I am more than impressed with the 125 and would recommend one to anyone considering one! :rolleyes::hyper:

Stu

My boy has an 06 rev 125 is about your size and rides youth B britsh champs and expert locally and lack of power has never been an issue.

In fact a friend of mine tried his 05{06 is better} and replaced his 250 with one.He reckons it saves him marks every trial and believe it or not because he can now boss the bike he is far more confident and aggressive and the grin factor when he beats his mates who are still on the bigger bikes has to be seen to be believed!

The truth is a very high proportion of us are overbiked.

10 stone,,,,,, good greif, if my convert program is working that is about 140 lbs, and that puts me at uhhhh,,,,, somewhere between 18 and 19 stones........

I rode the Advanced class (2 from the top) here on my daughters 125 Sherco with no problems. I would say go for it. If you do it for a while, it will help your technique and be just fine. If you find you don't like it, you should always be able to turn it back around without a major loss as long as you buy used.

No idea what the kits or anything are, but I would say that taking the time, and setting up the bike well and accurately is important for any bike. Jetting on for your fuel and your area, and everything (suspension) set up for your weight and what not and I think you would have a blast.

Have thought about riding one myself (quit laughing Andy) as a regular thing if Dean or Christina progresses in riding. Of course mine would have the "RED" spring on it. :rolleyes:

OK...here goes..maybe a stupid question..but then I often ask the stupid ones.

Saw a guy a while ago putting in a VERY good ride on a GG125 at a trial...and it got me thinking about the Beta 125's......(also, there seem to be plenty of Beta 125s for sale at the mo. and Im in the market for a bike)...all the 250s etc. I've looked at so far have had very hard lifes...

Anyway..to try and get to the point.

I'm JUST over 10 stone in weight..so there are probably a few teenagers around at the same weight as me.

Would a Rev3 125 be worth considering??...I'm not a great rider...kind of a 50/50 rider in a typical South midland mud-fest

I believe there is also a "race-kit" available for the 125 which gives it a bit more puff.

SO....let me have it...am I being crazy considering it.???

I had a go of an 06 125 with the race kit fitted a little while ago and i could not believe it was a 125! It was quite firey (obviously not ridiculously) and i'm nearly 14 stone and the thing had no trouble going up 5ft steps.

This one had the full racing kit and the timing advanced as much as possible and a couple of other mods (dealers demo bike) , you would'nt believe it though, it felt like a 250. :rolleyes:

I have a 06 rev 3 125, i find it has plenty of power for me (8 1/2 stone) and i dont have the racing kit fitted. When my dad has a go on it, it has plenty of power for him and pulls him up big hills easily and he is 14 1/2 stone. :rolleyes:

Mmmm...

thanks everyone, this certainly has been interesting reading.

Basically its good news for me...it means I can expand my options when looking for a bike. I will only buy a Beta, but previously I wouldnt have considered a 125. Now I definately will consider anything from a 125 to a 250.

Really just want something in good nick..so depends what comes up first.

I guess the race kit could also be fitted to an 05 as well as an 06??...although I get the impression that the race kit was only available fairly recently??

Keep the info coming...

maybe I've started something here.

And yes Alan,....luckily even though Im in my mid thirties, I;ve managed to somehow keep the weight down.

Giving up drinking probably helped..(not my choice)!!! :rolleyes:

Markymark Posted Yesterday, 01:18 PM

Stu

My boy has an 06 rev 125 is about your size and rides youth B britsh champs and expert locally and lack of power has never been an issue.

In fact a friend of mine tried his 05{06 is better} and replaced his 250 with one.He reckons it saves him marks every trial and believe it or not because he can now boss the bike he is far more confident and aggressive and the grin factor when he beats his mates who are still on the bigger bikes has to be seen to be believed!

The truth is a very high proportion of us are overbiked.

Ive seen him on it,

You do have to be fairly insane to ride it like he does

One thing i remember seeing was a 10ft step on a hill, So he decided to jump up it and did it better than the 250 mont which was also doing it, so plenty of power.

Have you tried a 125 stu???????

My comments for the record........!!!

Started out on a brand new GG Pro 250 - not a good idea, the bike was always at the end cards while my brain was registering the begin cards....!

Moved to a Scorpa 125 4T - Loved it, brought my riding on no end cos it was soooooo smooth ! - Kept it for 2 years, the fell in love with.....

A Beta 200!

Smooth as silk, and pulls up anything - At one trial was flying up a graded hillclimb that the 250's, 280's 290's etc were struggling with. A Gem to ride, loads of grunt and finds grip anywhere !

Im just waiting for the info to come out on the 07's cos I'm fancying another one.........

Try one - You'll not be disappointed........

cheers

John.