How Many Spectators At The Ttc Wr?

sam

I'm guessing on Saturday around 3000. Less on Sunday.

They claimed that at the Poland World Round. Just unfortunate for the genuine press that 2970 of them had press passes - or seemed to think they had :rolleyes:

I'm guessing on Saturday around 3000. Less on Sunday.

Definitely a lot less on the Sunday as the sections were virtually empty on the second 'loop' . Great for me as it was easy to get round but disappointing for the organisers who done a lot of work :rolleyes:

Of more concern was the riding the opposite way down the tracks for riders, and also the vast number of spectators on those tracks. :rolleyes:

The whole event was a nightmare. For a country that wants the event to return, they didn't exactly go out of their way to be helpful and boost their chances. Apart from letting spectators and riders use the same route and allowing anybody on a bike access to the entire course (an accident waiting to happen), the organisers refused firstly to alter the sections even when the riders said they weren't possible, refused when requested to put in press/minder corridors and refused to let the Youth and Junior podiums run whilst they debated over Raga's protest about Fuji (when there was no protest to answer). They also let anybody in the press/minders corridors - and even into the sections themselves whilst riders were in there!!! - without any kind of bib or marking and gave press bibs to anybody who wanted them.

Poland isn't the only place that's badly out of line. The Championship needs a co-ordinator that is present at every event to make sure the pre-requisites are met i.e. Spectators not sharing the same route as riders, no unofficial bikes on the course, properly designated areas for press and minders etc etc. If the event does not meet the pre-requisites then it should not run and any infingement should be heavily fined. They'd soon tow the line.

PS. Topic moved to the World Championship Forum.

Andy, are you talking about Poland or the USA?

The thread is about TTC but I'm guessing it's the Poland WR

your talking about.

Let me know if it's not because the STRA club wants feedback on

how to make the next WR there better (USA).

Andy, are you talking about Poland or the USA?

The thread is about TTC but I'm guessing it's the Poland WR

your talking about.

Let me know if it's not because the STRA club wants feedback on

how to make the next WR there better (USA).

It was originally about TTC, but deviated so I moved it to this forum. I'm talking about Poland.

TTC was one of the better ones this year! Riders and spectators on seperate routes - yup. Control over who got press bibs - yup. Good press/minders corridors - yup. No public in the sections/corridors - yup (though that is more an understanding thing by the public as to why the corridors are there - Mainland europeans seem to ignore the reasoning behind it!) I think the only problem I had at TTC was the speed of getting results. Charly in one place, the organisers in another and the press in yet another (although the air-conditioned RV the girls from Tennessee Outdoors was VERY welcome!) It is so vital we get results as soon as Charly releases them. One to bear in mind for future events.

PS. I also had a problem with Al B's moonshine - does that count? :rolleyes:

Dern ferigners can't handle good likker......

Dern colonials can't produce a good likker..... You're talking to a Scotsman - we produce the best in the wordl :rolleyes:

Glenlivet is one of the most popular malts in the world.

Glenfiddich is the largest selling single malt in the world.

Jack Daniels is the most popular American spirit in the world.

Ballantine's 30 years old considered to be one of the oldest and also one of the most expensive blends available.

Johnnie Walker Red label is the world's largest selling Scotch Whisky.

Johnnie Walker Black label is the world's best selling de luxe whisky.

Highland Park is the most Northern Scotch Whisky Distillery in the World.

(Source : http://www.awa.dk/whisky/about/index.htm )

So you guys can make some whiskey I'll give you that.. anything else you can do? :hyper: