High-octane Gas?

dmx84

I have a question on gas. Can I use 110-octane gas in a 2001 Beta Rev.3? I live at 7000 ft. above sea level, if it makes a difference. The gas in question is also leaded fuel. PS I now use a metal gas can like charliechitlins recommends! :rolleyes:

don't know about leaded fuel at 110 octane but my bike with super unleaded (98 octane) and ipone octane booster it runs great but im not sure if a 2001 beta should be running on leaded fuel i know my 95 is suppost to but not sure about an 01

DMXer:

I also ride a 01 Rev3 and I run a mixture of Super Unleaded (98) and Trick fuel (110?) and have no problems with ping and little easier on the wallet then running pure Trick fuel. Might try mixing and also Beta recommends Unleaded fuel. Be sure and adjust your mixture (jets) for the elevation. Good luck

DMX, running 110 won't hurt anything, as long as it's jetted correctly. The jetting may or may not be different with the 110 than the pump gas. the jetting has nothing to do with octane, but more to do with the chemistry of the individual fuel and it's specific gravity.

Does your bike need 110? Probably not. Mixing it with pump fuel will cut costs, if you want to. The advantage of the "race fuel" is it's consistancy from batch to batch. If your not jetting your bike sharp, you probably won't ever notice a difference, other than smell :blink:

There's ALOT more to race fuel than octane. It's pretty complex stuff, but bottom line, is with the right fuel and sharp jetting, the difference is noticable. :rolleyes:

I noticed you live in Texas. Do you know Ray & Glen Roblin?

I don't know the names right off except I met a Father and Son at the Fall Classic that might be them? I might have a better chance to know some one in ABQ lived there from 60 to 97. Used to ride my Bultaco Alpina in the foot hills of the Sandia's.