Had To Show You This!

scott_king

Nice bit of work.

It has me wondering strength though. For it to be that light compared to a trials bike or mxer.

I would share your thoughts on that however, I would say the swinging arm assy looks pretty sturdy but whether the shock mounting is strong enough to take the load I am not sure. The only other obvious point of weakness looking at it visually is where the two sets of tubes join the front forks bearing tube assy. Thats a prone area of fatigue as we know.

The top half looks a little flimsy but its not structural to the mechanical operation of the bike. It just has to support the weight of a rider. (So that means you lardy asses wont be able to have one :beer: ) It also looks unlikely to be able to take a heavy bash to the top end of it.

To be a trials bike, it would need a bit of work. A watertight airbox would be a necessity, like on a gasser :(

Still a great project though as its a prototype. They have done a fantastic job I reckon :wall:

Would one of these bikes be legal for trials?

It should be, I cant see any reason why it wouldnt, there nothing to stop a trail bike entering is there?

But it would need drum brakes, fork gaiters, an Amal carb and a James (or similar) badge if you wanted to enter Pre-65 :(

It should be, I cant see any reason why it wouldnt, there nothing to stop a trail bike entering is there?

But it would need drum brakes, fork gaiters, an Amal carb and a James (or similar) badge if you wanted to enter Pre-65 :(

What about the tyres? Isn't there some rule regarding them?

Looks to me like its got two Trials front tyres on - unless theres' something in the rules somewhere that makes it compulsory to have a different sized tyre at the rear then it should be ok!

Of course I might be talking out of my :D

Can't see there would be any problems though!

Looks a great bit of kit - although I would want the headstock to beefed up! The rear - shock mount looks a bit flimsy as well I have to say. All in all it looks great!!

I have been chatting to the designer and this is his details regarding to the wheels.

"As far as wheels go the front is a dh setup and made by FUNN it is a 48 spoke wheel/hub, with a heavy tube and a michelin downhill tire.

the rear is a ktm sx65 hub laced to a 21" excel wheel, and it has a dunlop front trials tire on it."