Repsol's

sirhc

Peter_GasGas Posted Today, 07:35 AM

What years is it?? I cant firgure out wether they have released the 07 repsol yet, or the 06 is still the newest repsol.

Can you plug it into you laptop and change the timing maps?

My bike is the 05/06 model and it came with the programable EFI, but it was swapped out for the two stage EFI that you can swap between two maps with a switch on the handle bars. Right now it has one map that is softer than stock and one that is more aggresive than stock and you can hear the diffrence in the two just by blipping the throttle when the bike is not in gear. From what I understand on the 06/07 Repsols you can't change the mapping :wacko:

I have #156 from memory that arrived December 05

#156 in Australia, #158 in the U.S., any body here have #157? What country did that end up in? :)

Steve Fracy Posted Yesterday, 06:01 PM

How do you like it compared to your old Beta???

I really like my Beta and really had no need for a new bike since it is still in great shape. When I saw Lewisport selling this bike though I just had to have it, it pretty much has every do dod in thier catalog and selling it for around the same price as a new 4rt. What I really liked was the small tank and the 2-stage EFI. As much as I like the handling and the feel of the Beta's I have always been able to jump on other peoples 4rt's and feel comfortable right away. At the same time I never thought WOW I have to have one of these, they just felt nice as the Beta's feel nice to me. For the first little bit I could feel the extra wieght and it seemed like I had to go a little more where the bike wanted to go and I couldn't change my line real easy, that feel soon went away though. It doesn't turn as well as the beta, of course I don't think anything does. I was suprised even with the extra weight it is just as easy to do my little baby hops. It has a 44 tooth rear sprocket and the gearing feels about perfect after coming off the Beta. The compression braking doesn't bother me at all, I don't know if I pull in the clutch more, but it is not a issue for me. During the trials the thing that bothered me the most was the 5 speed tranny, I never thought about it much, but having the 6 speed tranny is nice on the loop, esspecially when I have to catch back up to the kid when he leaves for the next section while I still am riding mine. At this point I like riding it just as much as the Beta, I wonder in a few months after I get real used to it and then I go back to a Beta what I will think. It will be nice not dealing with any carb issues and I rellly just like the idea of having a bike with EFI :)

07s are out, No572 is sat in front of me.

Are you sat in the garage or is the bike in the house...? :wacko:

I'm all loved up with No 574 just dressing her up with a shinny alloy sidestand and mitani front pipe :)

I read they only made 500 for 06 but have no idea how many for 07?

No 573 anybody

Sirhc:

Thanks for the candid response! I am not a fan of the five speeds at all. That said, can't wait to try a Beta4T, even though it has one too. Is the Mont you have noisy??? I love the idea of a 4T because I really think it will suit my riding style, but haven't ridden one YET, that I like as much as any 2stroke.

Cheers, Steve

My bike with the Mitani muffler is quieter than the stock muffler is with one baffle left in and is a lot quieter than a bike with them all out. I think it is a little louder than a Sherco 4t, but not much.

The hole Beta thing is kind of funny, after having Betas for so many years the week after I decide to get this bike the Beta 4t details come out. After seeing that it doesn't have EFI and that it is heavier than the 4rt I don't feel too bad about my decision. I would like to try one just as I would like to try any bike, but I don't get all the hype on the Beta side since it just seems to be a Rev3 frame with a 4t motor put in it, with nothing exiteing like EFI or great light weight.

So Steve of the 4t bikes you have ridden what have you not liked the power or the weight or both?

Edited by sirhc

weight has not really been an issue at all for me, but the power for sure. I have spent the most time on a Mont, and for me there is no way I could feel comfortable in expert sections on it, especially big steps or hillclimbs. I have spent limited time on the Sherco, but I fell it is better in the power department for sure. Just curiosity though. No one where I live has really got anything other than the Monts, and no one has really tricked them out at all. I guess my biggest beef is, the price. I would like to try one, but I can't justify spending more money on a bike that still doesn't work as good as a two stroke.

Cheers, Steve

PS Your Repsol does look very nice indeed :wacko:

As much as I like my bike I can see why people wouldn't like them too, I'm glad we have choices and I hope the 2 strokes stay around so we always will. As for the power, you can reprogram the EFI to be more aggresive and now I see Lewisport is selling a 290cc kit for them so you should be able to get plenty of power out of it. Your right though buying the most expensive bike then dumping a bunch more money into it doesn't sound very good for a bike you MAY like as much as a 2 stroke :wacko: I know I couldn't justify buying a new bike and doing all the stuff that is done to mine, heck my wife thought I was crazy for paying a new bike price for a used bike.

Ya, I just got my bill today for my new rear fender...$168.95 :wacko: I think he said a stock 4rt fender is around $156.00 or somthing, so it's not too much for a 4rt fender

Edited by sirhc