Do You Keep Your Levers Covered?

cg125

42 and splatter... especially after real ale, oh, see what you mean!! Yes a good splat makes some steps easier. I always cover the clutch but on big steps i leave the front brake and hold on for grim death!! (eyes closed as well, of course)

also be interested to hear what foot position you all use... when i take notice i realise i sometimes move to the ball of my foot for hopping up stuff etc, but after riding with Steve Saunders the other day i noticed how much they look down at the back wheel and use the rear brake on stuff. Therefor having the brake pedal covered at all time. Too many things to think about.... !!!

what do you mean??

literally looking at the rear wheel?

*i'm not taking the pi$$ by the way just curious.

42 and splatter... especially after real ale, oh, see what you mean!! Yes a good splat makes some steps easier. I always cover the clutch but on big steps i leave the front brake and hold on for grim death!! (eyes closed as well, of course)

also be interested to hear what foot position you all use... when i take notice i realise i sometimes move to the ball of my foot for hopping up stuff etc, but after riding with Steve Saunders the other day i noticed how much they look down at the back wheel and use the rear brake on stuff. Therefor having the brake pedal covered at all time. Too many things to think about.... !!!

Hmm..I've been struggling with the correct foot position for sometime now,when i panic I keep moving back onto the ''balls''(ooh err!)or worse..toes.. to maintain balance.

This error has to be pointed out to me about a hundred times a session.

Many times I thought I was loading the pegs but all I was doing was flexing my calves instead.

My balance goes to pot when I put my arches on the pegs but that is the superior position for tyre grip,covering the back-brake and loading the rear suspension.

When my arches are on the pegs I feel as if I am trapped on the bike and won't be able to bale-out in an emergency(Chicken 5h1t???). :)

Wayne

I'm stuffed if I know how blokes like Saunders cover the rear brake. Every time I do it and ride over anything rougher than a tar road I end up coming to an abrupt halt. Practice I suppose.

I see young Steve isn't covering the front brake in the top pic.

That's some nice riding and great photo's.

I'm having fun working out the best foot position to cover the rear brake, turning left from downhill to uphill.

Digging the peg into my boot, sticking the knee out to counterweight and trying to smoothly operate the brake. The angle still feels awkward, but it's coming together.

I'm learning to keep the rear covered, practicing wheelies and jumping over or onto objects and stopping.

I'm stuffed if I know how blokes like Saunders cover the rear brake. Every time I do it and ride over anything rougher than a tar road I end up coming to an abrupt halt. Practice I suppose.

I see young Steve isn't covering the front brake in the top pic.

TooFast, I think if you'll look close you'll see that Saunders is covering the brake in the top pic. Three fingers on the grip and index extended over the lever. The bottom side of the gloved finger is black, so it's a little hard to see.

Even though I ride a old bike in like events , I've been riding with a finger on the clutch and brake since I learned how to ride a few decades ago! I also have just changed the rear brake pedal on the trusty fantic so I can cover my brake wilst keeping my arches on the pegs !

Your bike control all boils down to the platform you give your self to stand on , and I don't walk around on my toes , Do you ?

Even though I ride a old bike in like events , I've been riding with a finger on the clutch and brake since I learned how to ride a few decades ago! I also have just changed the rear brake pedal on the trusty fantic so I can cover my brake wilst keeping my arches on the pegs !

Your bike control all boils down to the platform you give your self to stand on , and I don't walk around on my toes , Do you ?

I have got to say that latetly I have being using more thought and time when practicing of taking finger off covering front brake.

It takes a bit getting use to but a lot more control, a tip I found good was to just ride about nothing tricky and then grab the front brake as quick and hard as posssible,then take into section and do same.It gave me loads of confidence just knowing i can grab it quickly.

Also doing the same with back brake,just being aware that it's there and givng it a small dab whilst going over log or wheelie etc,the more you play with it the more control you get.

That's my take on it,but you can't see the scores I get ( should be playing cricket with my scores)

I have got to say that latetly I have being using more thought and time when practicing of taking finger off covering front brake.

It takes a bit getting use to but a lot more control, a tip I found good was to just ride about nothing tricky and then grab the front brake as quick and hard as posssible,then take into section and do same.It gave me loads of confidence just knowing i can grab it quickly.

Also doing the same with back brake,just being aware that it's there and givng it a small dab whilst going over log or wheelie etc,the more you play with it the more control you get.

That's my take on it,but you can't see the scores I get ( should be playing cricket with my scores)

its abit different when you know your gonna grab i tho and been in a section when your not sure your gonna need it, i find it alot easier to have a finger on the brake at all times.