First win?

jordi

Appreciate the reply, I think we'll agree to disagree ! Respected someone you know had a one and didn't like it, I had one and loved it (and the SY200 is much much better than the old TYS125).

Agree on the 'less is more' scenario - unfortunately most of the manufacturers seem to disagree for some reason.....only the Beta left with a new 200 now which is a shame.

I still mantain trying one in a trial would improve an easy route rider, problem is now no longer any new ones..........RIP !! - and I'll keep my SY200 (and TL125) until I stop riding (and at 44 I hope at least another 26 years !!)

cheers

John

Appreciate the reply, I think we'll agree to disagree ! Respected someone you know had a one and didn't like it, I had one and loved it (and the SY200 is much much better than the old TYS125).

Agree on the 'less is more' scenario - unfortunately most of the manufacturers seem to disagree for some reason.....only the Beta left with a new 200 now which is a shame.

I still mantain trying one in a trial would improve an easy route rider, problem is now no longer any new ones..........RIP !! - and I'll keep my SY200 (and TL125) until I stop riding (and at 44 I hope at least another 26 years !!)

cheers

John

It is always difficult to say that the the bike you own has limitations but objectivity is not easy. Only yesterday i advised some one to try a beta as I would think it would suit him, but sold mine a couple of weeks ago, and its not my choice for 2011.

Perhaps if I say the 125 scorpa trail engined bike has a few plus points, the best being it's a great observers bike, is about as far as I can go.

Agree that sometimes brand loyalty can affect objectivity in opinion !

I've bought and tried most over the past few years (with the exception on the 4RT - but have ridden a one) - and each in their own way was an excellent bike, but all in some way had faults. The SY200 is not without faults but for me the one I wan't to ride most.

Out of interest - you've sold the Beta so moving to what ??

• 2 weeks later...

It is always difficult to say that the the bike you own has limitations but objectivity is not easy. Only yesterday i advised some one to try a beta as I would think it would suit him, but sold mine a couple of weeks ago, and its not my choice for 2011.

Perhaps if I say the 125 scorpa trail engined bike has a few plus points, the best being it's a great observers bike, is about as far as I can go.

It is a bit ironic, but back when the little 125 first came out, there was a local dealer that took it to a regional event. Many putted about on it, thinking it a bit odd.

Ray Peters was there, took it on a demo ride round the Experts lines and cleaned every section with it! Did take some work and above local Expert skill level, but it was done! The little bike will perform! And the larger version will do even more! :thumbup: