tyre replacement

serious3

Have a looky here before you buy a crate of beer - Tyre poll topic

I'm pretty sure you'd notice the difference between a Pirelli and a Mitchelin regardless of how good you are? As for the even cheaper ones, they're a great choice if you're planning on a lot of motorway miles :rolleyes: Like most things in life, you get what you pay for? That said, if you can learn to find grip with the likes of a Heidenau on the rear you'll shoot up the rankings when you go back to a Mitch/IRC/Dunflop !

Life changing decisions are always hard to make when there's beer involved? I once chose the wrong rubber due to the beer and nineteen years later it's still costing me dearly :D

GJ :wacko:

If money really is tight, try Vee-Rubber. I have a pair on my Rev3 and they are OK. I'm back in the sadlle now and WILL notice the difference when I put an IRC on after the dry summer series, but I wouldn't have 2 years back. They are a world better than Pirelli, which are simply too stiff and the tread too firm.

Graham

If money is really tight see if you can buy a part worn of one of the local top boys. Sponsored riders often run a tyre for a couple of events then put on a new one - probably a few ex SSDT tyres about now. A hardly used Mich.Dunlop is a good choice for a clubman rider. I have run on part worn tyres a lot in my riding career and actually find them better than a brand new tyre.

Have a looky here before you buy a crate of beer - Tyre poll topic

I'm pretty sure you'd notice the difference between a Pirelli and a Mitchelin regardless of how good you are? As for the even cheaper ones, they're a great choice if you're planning on a lot of motorway miles :rolleyes: Like most things in life, you get what you pay for? That said, if you can learn to find grip with the likes of a Heidenau on the rear you'll shoot up the rankings when you go back to a Mitch/IRC/Dunflop !

Life changing decisions are always hard to make when there's beer involved? I once chose the wrong rubber due to the beer and nineteen years later it's still costing me dearly :D

What you get for what you got! :thumbup:

When people recomend the Michelin tyres is it these they mean?

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo/563351/Tyres/Motocross-and-Off-Road-Tyres/Michelin/Comp-Trial

These are the tubed type tyre and should only really be fitted to a tubed type rim. The front will be fine but fitting one of these to a tubeless rear rim will give you more grief than you can imagine? The X11 is the one you want or for a few sheckles more get an X-Lite? Skip the beer and go for quality, you'll not regret it?