New Montesa 4Rt 2014

mb8244

One of the mods to the 2014 engine is a redesigned camshaft which is reported to reduce the engine breaking effect when throttle closes ( crankcase decompression).

Will this new cam fit earlier models,if not would it need the new cylinder head to be fitted.

It's difficult to say what Honda Montesa have done to engine to make the engine braking less. But I don't think it's the camshaft that's involved. As far as I can tell its to do with the crankcase breather system, but no one will know until someone explores the new engine and I'd thought most new owners won't want to be dismantling their new engines. Montesa didn't go into too much technical detail concerning it at the press launch, it may well be something very easy to do to the old engine, or it may not be economical to do, as it might need major modification or expensive new parts.

i believe the new camshaft is more to do with the increase in engine capacity, its part of the HRC 260 kit.

I would like to know if the new tank will fit a 2012 model?

From what I've seen, it's the same base, just different shape top, so yes it should, but you'd need to fit the new rear mudguard aswell as it's a different shape where the two meet.