It's Coming Home?

telecat

For people who like this sort of thing (an indoor trial outside) Nord View was probably about as good as you can get. Nord view has easy access to the M6 and was only a quick drive for me, but like many others I gave up going because it was same thing year after year and the prices for a family day out were off putting.

There are many areas with plenty of parking and unlimited natural sections, all it needs is to move the date back until after haymaking and approach farmers with the offer of a few £grand.

• Like 1

For people who like this sort of thing (an indoor trial outside) Nord View was probably about as good as you can get. Nord view has easy access to the M6 and was only a quick drive for me, but like many others I gave up going because it was same thing year after year and the prices for a family day out were off putting.

There are many areas with plenty of parking and unlimited natural sections, all it needs is to move the date back until after haymaking and approach farmers with the offer of a few £grand.

Total crap ask Jake or Martin where there are venues in the uk a few years back they spent weeks loking and never found anything.

"Plenty of parking" is not the fundamental need of holding a WTC.

A fair point

Never been to a WTC, doesn't interest me

Scott & SSDT interest me more

Plenty of man made sections there, some of them are well over 100 years old

Here's one that's no longer allowed

I like that one, plenty of spectators and I've cleaned it. Better not say where it is though! I think its a collapsed lead smelting flue and unfortunately riding bikes on it is deemed to degrade an archaeological site, and disturbing the remains of lead workings releases all sort of nasties.

Dabster - a WTC without parking??????

"Plenty of parking" is not the fundamental need of holding a WTC.

Where in that sentence or even faint inference is "no parking"?

As Nick said it shouldnt be the first consideration. every wtc abroad  ive ever been to parking was near or not so near, the priority was the sections, spectator access (quite often buses) and paddock.

Edited by nigel dabster

And it's easy to see why Trials has problems getting an audience. The WTC needs to be accessible. You need venues that attract spectators and importantly new spectators. Eventually the SSDT and Scott will die if there are no new riders and without Mum and Dad paying for their Sons and Daughters to ride that's where we will end up. Putting your head in the sand and decrying the lack of riders at club centre and National  level is sitting there doing nothing. As it stands There are a few spots you can put in a nasty natural section. There is a nice walk round the course and there will be "enhanced" sections. You will not get permission for large areas of standing, temporary power, permission to walk over "protected" land in the majority of areas we would like to see these Trials in. You wouldn't get the crowd either to pay for it. Lets get the sport healthy then worry about natural sections.

Fair enough ND you did not say no parking however what you said did imply that parking is not a fundamental requirement. I think it is and have read in several places including on TC I think that a number of potential venues have been rejected due to lack of parking especially for the works riders trucks. Park and ride is a turn off and an additional cost / complication. I have been to 3 (actually only got to 2) events (swimming, fishing & airshow) this year which attempted to operate park and ride schemes, all were unsatisfactory to the extent I still had to walk miles and at one I abandoned because of lack of parking.

Just my opinion but I reckon you need about 20 + acres of parking (includes camping, trade stands etc) and terrain that provides several groups of natural sections within a 2 or 3 mile lap. With that format the event can be run at the lowest possible cost.