Addingham Moorside Closure

shercoo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up there last weekend and was speaking to the farmer and he said that the council were trying to shut it down and only letting it stay open 2 weeks a year for organised trials.

looks like ill have to enter more trials, they will be no where to go soon ! !

Paul

The noise problem is one that wont go away! unfortunately every time some noisey moron with a race can on his Yamasukionda gives it a handfull , we get lumbered with the blame . We all know trials is not a noisey sport probably quieter than the kids football game held in my back field every sunday, Tha trouble is we get tagged with motocross and road racing and in time we will have no where left to ride

The noise problem is one that wont go away! unfortunately every time some noisey moron with a race can on his Yamasukionda gives it a handfull , we get lumbered with the blame . We all know trials is not a noisey sport probably quieter than the kids football game held in my back field every sunday, Tha trouble is we get tagged with motocross and road racing and in time we will have no where left to ride

You've hit the nail on the head, we all get tarred with the same brush as the genuine hooligans :D

Trials is quiet and most of the time takes part on set-aside farm land so it's no-one elses place to complain about.

I think those complaining are as much to blame as much as the trouble-makers because they are so ignorant of our sport and generally anything to do with the countryside. Our country-side is run by city-based idiots who haven't the first clue about how the countryside should be run :rolleyes: (i.e DEFRA)

Edited by Beta120690

Visited Addingham today.(probably to best spot in uk) Farmer say the council forces it to shut monday :rolleyes: but will be open 14days a year for organised events... all this over a little bit of nosie! !

sorry to give you all the bad news

Paul

Ps does anybody know any good places to practice

this place is just down the road, Rough Holden,

Turn of the A629 onto the A 6034 towards Silsden; in abt 1 ml (immediately past canal bridge) turn R into Howden Road. Continue for about 1ml climb a steep hill and Howden Wood is on your left. Rough Holden Farm is on your right.

Rough Holden Farm can be used for practice. Ring Ian on 01535 656659

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?g...arrow=y?154,125

let me know whats its like

Edited by lumbr

What law have you broken if your bike is tested and within the recommended limit, is it the local Silsden council or the west Yorkshire county council shutting this place down.

Same will happen at Howden wood if you don't stand up for yourselves, they will take and take, and to tell you the truth, you are making it easy for them, because no one questions it, you just except it.

If the law states that x amount of noise, in daylight hours is acceptable and your bikes are within that limit. how can they close it down lawfully ? plenty of clubs round there, it's time you got together and spent a bit of the club funds on a good lawyer to see if this is within the law, or some jobs worth playing emperor.

Sorry lad's but looks to me Ram Jam, seem to have more rights in the UK than you do.

I being from the states don't know if you have some of the same problems I am about to complain about but I think the general idea will be easily seen.

Trials bikes make a bit of noise, okay not a large amount.

My 2000 Sherco is quieter than my riding lawn mower. (I guess I can't mow my lawn anymore)

We have these things called "boom cars" cars with loud bass pumping radios. Very annoying in my opinion.

The neighbors is out enjoying the yard and the sunshine with radio blasting Tom Jones. Very annoying.

My favourite: Someone buys a house near an off-road park Totally legal to ride and use 4x4 trucks, Then they proceed to complain about noise and dust. The park was there first and the new resident should have realised that it would make noise and dust.

OK LOUD pipes on street bikes don't help us any either.

The neighbor kids are outside making a bunch of racket, of course this happens when I am working 3rd shift and trying to sleep during the day.

I guess here is my point: There are alot of people in a small amount of space, too many people believe they are the most important in the world. If these people want to do their noisy activities then they need to put up with my noisey activity, fair is fair. Also just because the majority likes the sounds of the crowd at an american football game friday night under the lights does not mean that they can dictate if we can ride our trials bikes on sunday in the middle of the day. (even if I am trying to take a nap) Noise happens deal with it. (slight disclaimer: obviously there are instances where too much is too much.)

Ok sorry too much caffiene in the coffee, I am going to go load up and go crash....I mean practice on the sherco.

I'll probably get slammed down for this, but broad shoulders :rolleyes:

We need to sort our own acts out too. The 4RT is a step in the wrong direction for trials in the UK. In many cases we're too close to civilisation to increase the amount of noise our bikes make.

In the grand scheme of things, the 2 stroke/4 stroke argument for trials will make bugger all difference - except a negative one if they can't produce some decent power without taking all the baffles out.

Sherco seems to have managed to develop the power without the noise. Why haven't Honda?

I cringed at one of our trials earlier in the year, when a 4rt blasted up a rocky gulley. To me, it sounds loverrrrrly, but to the bloody awkward residents about 300m away it probably didn't sound so good.

On the top of our mountain course, we can get away with it - nobody for miles. At many other venues, we have to watch our backs.

I'm not saying that 4RT's are the problem at Addingham, but we need to do whatever we can to stop the buggers whinging in the future.

Went up today and no sign of any closure, in fact the biketrials wre out in force, (when they weren't being drenched or blown away!!). Talking to one of their officials the "resident" had been complaining because he couldn't "Get his paper" for traffic on a Sunday. It sounds a bit pathetic and I will be back to check on progress.

Following from what BS said we should try not to give the idiots/conservationists/ramblers an excuse to complain about our sport, but whatever we do they'll try to find something that they can use to stop our sport :D

Yes you are right, they will do something to try and stop our sport and what do we do about it? Accept it!

Its taken only a handful of complaints from local residents to cause problems at Hawkstone.

Please tell me if the ACU ever get invloved in representing clubs in cases like these? if not then why not. They govern our sport so I believe they have a duty of care to its members to address these issues. :rolleyes:

Following from what BS said we should try not to give the idiots/conservationists/ramblers an excuse to complain about our sport, but whatever we do they'll try to find something that they can use to stop our sport :D

Yes you are right, they will do something to try and stop our sport and what do we do about it? Accept it!

Its taken only a handful of complaints from local residents to cause problems at Hawkstone.

Please tell me if the ACU ever get invloved in representing clubs in cases like these? if not then why not. They govern our sport so I believe they have a duty of care to its members to address these issues. :rolleyes:

Our problem as a sport is that we are too small in number so it'd be hard to make our voices heard :o I'd happily volunteer and put hard work into any (good)idea that'd help our sport. One solution could be to promote our sport as mentioned in the 'Where does trials go in the future' topic but my fear is that it'd bring idiots into the sport or the sport might become more 'urban' which in my opinion would be a complete disaster as that defeats the point of us trying to keep our land.