What Printer?

brian r

That's a good question and one I wouldn't mind seeing the answer to myself. I wouldn't mind earning a few beer tokens by selling high quality prints of my photos (if they're ever good enough!)

My Dad prints off a lot of Photos, we have the Epson Stylus C62, not sure how much, but never lets us down.

Always working and the photo prints ARE immaculate. However you must use Photo Quality Paper if you want a good photo, which is about

And for those of us on this side of the pond, there's Boots the Chemist !

Drop the shots on a CD and wander in,

'Something for the weekend, Sir ?'

'Yes, can I have 20 10 x 8s'

Or for those of you who might like a bit of privacy, then try http://www.btopenworld.com/create/digital_printing its a bit of a fiddle to get the software sorted but, once your done its about 3 days till the printed photos drop on your doorstep.

Thought about a printer once, but everytime I look in PC World there seems to be more choice, and a sales assistant who doesn't know his pixels from his paper quality.

take a CD / your camera's memory / camera (? i forget which ?) to Boots - i've never bothered my self but recently i got my mum at home to burn the photos to CD and take them to boots - there was a specail offer on, something like 40 for

Jessops offer a similar service, but I doubt Boots or they could offer the quality I'd expect from the camera I've got.

I'd like to be able to go up to A3. As I said, ultimately I'd like to be able to sell prints of my photos and up to that size (but only when I'm good enough to get constantly good quality photos!)

Fortunately I have a good friend who works in printer sales for HP :rolleyes:

Hi all,

I've got an Epson Photo 1270 which is A3 prints at 1440 dpi.

I believe it's been superceeded by the 1290 which is 2880dpi, but from the reports I hear you don't get nothing like double the quality just coz it's 2880dpi......

Anyway, A3 prints are great, but you really need a digicam of around 6mp or greater to be able to make best use of it, all you end up doing is stretching the pixels out to fit the A3 page.

Printing at A4 however, is just gorgeous.......but only providing you get the right paper. The Epson paper is one of the best, but TIP: you can get away with cheaper paper and still get just gorgeous prints if you print at half-speed.

I have A4 prints (and some A3) from the World Outdoor and Indoor rounds I attended (Andy: not to mention some of Mandy!) framed and mounted on my wall here at home.

Back to A3 prints again, you can get better results than original (what?) if you use an app called "Genuine Fractals". What you do is take your 3 or 4mb digital photo pic and intelligently extrapolate it out to any size you like (pixels & size), jut as if you had a bigger/better camera in the first place. Send the new file to your printer (say at A3) and the results are better than original.

If anyone wants an A4 print to evaluate the print quality then I'll be glad to send it to them (UK only).

Ian.

I'm considering buying one of these in the near future. It's mainly for CAD work but if it does good colour photos it would be a bonus.It would also mean one less printer in my house, I currently have an A1 plotter, an A3/A4 laser & an A4 inkjet.

If anybody has any experience of the 3000 please get in touch.

The 4000 is a new model.

http://www.epson.co.uk/graphicart/printers...l3000/index.htm

OR

http://www.epson.co.uk/graphicart/printers...o4000/index.htm