5 Jours Du Verdon

hrc1

Thanks Mike,

that one in August would be perfect. I prefer the South too, partly coz I've a friend with a guest house there....perfect place for my wife and littl one to stay at whilst Im out having fun! ;)

Sorry to keep hassling you but if you have any further info on that one...ie, regs dates, etc I would be very gratefull...(hopefully its not only classic bikes?, since I only have a modern one).

thanks again...STU

Thanks hrc

took a while to find it, but it I did in the end..seems like it is August 3rd 4th 5th...which is potentially pretty good for me.

Couldnt work out if its only for classic bikes, but I;ll have another look at it later.

THanks again

STU

Stu,

The French call all their 3 - 5 day trials Classics - all are for modern bikes, but there's nothing to stop you riding some old nail if you wish...

Looks like they have all the usual classes - Expert through to Promotion (wobblers). Interesting Day 3 - open free format trial & no I'm not sure what that is either.

Hello lads,

PeterB here from Auckland, NZ. I am entering the cinq jour du Verdon this August, travelling with friend Mario Candellone from Italy. I haven't ridden this before and was wondering what sort of riding gear, tools and what type of sections to expect, also are any English speaking riders entering? (My French is not so good). I've already got time off work and booked the flights weeks ago so am definately going.

Mario reckoned I should do the middle route, blue I think. How would these sections compare to the ssdt?

Would I need tyre pump, tube, patches and "dog turds" - for the tubeless rims. Are there bike back up teams at the various evening stops?

I've read the report from hrc1 I think, very good.

I get the impression that it is a bit like an easier ssdt but with good weather and stunning scenery too.

When do entries have to be in by?

Thanks, PeterB.

Hello lads,

PeterB here from Auckland, NZ. I am entering the cinq jour du Verdon this August, travelling with friend Mario Candellone from Italy. I haven't ridden this before and was wondering what sort of riding gear, tools and what type of sections to expect, also are any English speaking riders entering? (My French is not so good). I've already got time off work and booked the flights weeks ago so am definately going.

Mario reckoned I should do the middle route, blue I think. How would these sections compare to the ssdt?

Would I need tyre pump, tube, patches and "dog turds" - for the tubeless rims. Are there bike back up teams at the various evening stops?

I've read the report from hrc1 I think, very good.

I get the impression that it is a bit like an easier ssdt but with good weather and stunning scenery too.

When do entries have to be in by?

Thanks, PeterB.

Pete,

link to entry form posted earlier. I'm about to send off 7 or 8 entries, Yes you'll need turds etc plus a camelback - It'll be hot. Sections severity would be similar or easier than SSDT on blue route, but a lot depends on how the heat affects you. Terrain is very grippy rocks & gullies (apart from one infamous section). There are some factory/dealer vans there. You'll need a road legal bike with a bar pad - for some reason the French are fussy about bar pads. Summer riding kit , with maybe a lightweight top in case of thunderstorm...

Mike

StuEssenhigh Posted Jun 1 2007, 08:56 PM

Thanks hrc

took a while to find it, but it I did in the end..seems like it is August 3rd 4th 5th...which is potentially pretty good for me.

I think you will find this is a 5 day event, the Cinq Jour bit kinda gives it a way! :thumbup:

The dates are 25th to 29th August.