Mitani Flat Fuel Tanks

cota kid

Big F........ Hammer

Right the tanks and the fuel pumps are exchange items, dont ask me why they just are. The tank is sliced open and a new upper piece welded on and then polished. The fuel pump/ motor is remeoved and the support bracket is modified. Everything then put back together and leak checked and then sent back to you. You can expect a 2 week turn around from Mitani plus about

Big F........ Hammer

Right the tanks and the fuel pumps are exchange items, dont ask me why they just are. The tank is sliced open and a new upper piece welded on and then polished. The fuel pump/ motor is remeoved and the support bracket is modified. Everything then put back together and leak checked and then sent back to you. You can expect a 2 week turn around from Mitani plus about

Before you fit the tank why not send it to an alloy fabricator, someone like the guys at GMX (they made the original fat tanks for the Gassers). Then turn some cash into some stock like the picture then the stock into even more cash for even more 4RT bits.

Can't believe that in the country that is renowned for its F1 type engineering skills that you have to exchange an item with Japan.

post-17-1158003057.jpg

• 1 month later...

The work to the fuel pump has been carried out and the tank now has pride of place on my Repsol Replica. Thanks must be given to :-

1) the person who advised me to contact a certain USA trials shop.

2) the guy at the USA trials shop who provided me with the photos of what work needed to be carried out. If anyone else need them PM me.

3) the shop in the UK or mechanic who did the work for me. First class job.

A bit vague but hopefully the people know who they are.

Thanks.

So to put it in a nutshell, if you want to know how to put a ship in a bottle ask CK. Bloody expensive bottle if you ask me. How the hell are you going to get to first petrol in next years Scott when it's your turn to ride?

PERCE Posted Yesterday, 10:17 PM

How the hell are you going to get to first petrol in next years Scott when it's your turn to ride?

Who cares Perce, as long as it looks good trying! :guinness:

Edited by Hughesy

So to put it in a nutshell, if you want to know how to put a ship in a bottle ask CK. Bloody expensive bottle if you ask me. How the hell are you going to get to first petrol in next years Scott when it's your turn to ride?

No chance of getting me riding the Scott and no doubt my decision will be well and truly reinforced when I see DJ Denzil being airlifted of the Grouse Moor, still clutching his handlebars.

Rather than reply individually to the people who PM'd me I thought I'd post the answers instead.

The flat tank on my bike is a Mitani one, which I bought from Scottishtrial in Spain, it was the last one they had in stock. The price being 835 euros, without the fuel pump. The standard fuel pump needs to be bent or angled to fit into the tank, a bit of cutting, which should be no problem for anyone with even slight mechanical skills.

I believe Mitani in Japan will do an exchange tank service.

I am unsure as to where in the UK you get purchase a Mitani tank.

The tank holds about 1.6 litres, okay for club trials but you will need to carry some fuel for the longer trials.

Its not practical but it looks the Dogs.

Edited by Cota Kid