Steve Irwin .. A Great Loss Worldwide.

steveo

Four days after the untimely death of Steve Irwin it has become increasingly clear how much this man has contributed to our wildlife conservation and the respect he has generated right around the world.

In Australia we have a young generation of childen that have seen him as the real Crocadile Man and judging by the tributes being shown since his passing,children wordwide are huge fans of his colourful conservation documentaries.

I was with my daughter tonight and she told me of her cousins five year old childs acceptance to the death of Steve.

It went something like this,

My daughter has just been talking with her cousin up at Mooloolabah,which is not far from Steves Australian Wildlife Park, to see how her pre kinder son Jayden was coping with the sad death of his hero Steve Irwin.

She was told that arriving home from school on Monday afternoon Jayden was told by his mum that she had some very sad news to tell him about Steve the Crocadile hunter.

He replied that he already knew.

Mum asked, are you alright,to which he replied yes.

That night Jayden was around at his Poppys place for dinner and when he was talking to Pop about Steve.

Pop told him that Steve would be up in heaven, cause he was always a good boy.

His Mum then explained, that he would be up there, you know, with their little pet dog Snoopy, who died.

Next day at school most of the children in Jaydens class were very sad and the girls were crying and very upset at the loss of Steve as most of these kids had been to his park and had seen Steve.

Jayden put his hand up and asked the teacher could he say something to the class.

With reservations the Teacher said that would be OK.

Jayden then announced to them that they should not worry too much about Steve, as he explained to them that Steve had got a phone call from God,and that he needed him in Heaven to look after all the animals up there.

The children all accepted this and felt comforted and at ease with this new information, and the teacher thought how clever of his mum to explain it to Jayden in this way.

It was not until the next day, that she found out, it was Jayden's own little spin, in that he had convinced himself this was how and why it happened, and this obviously put his mind at ease.

Kids....yer gotta love em ????

I wouldn't say "asking to die", but "accident waiting to happen" springs to mind. I don't have satellite or cable and can't get either so don't know much about the guy. It wasn't till I saw all the tribute vids appearing on the Net I realised how popular he was.

He was ACE :unsure:

Absolutely crackers obviously and his heart was in the right place (no pun intended!).

He was hilarious to watch, just like a 5yr old kid holding on to the tail of the neighbours loony dog. Very enthusiastic, great personality and did a lot for conservation. I've had a few 'funny' emails and although they didn't offend me or make me think "Sicko's", I haven't forwarded them like I usually do...

RIP Steve :)

Absolutely crackers obviously and his heart was in the right place (no pun intended!).

He was hilarious to watch, just like a 5yr old kid holding on to the tail of the neighbours loony dog. Very enthusiastic, great personality and did a lot for conservation. I've had a few 'funny' emails and although they didn't offend me or make me think "Sicko's", I haven't forwarded them like I usually do...

Exactly my sentiments. Couldn't say it any better no matter how I tried.

RIP Steve :D

Agree :)

I liked the way he used to hold a venomous snake by the tail as it is snapped at him with its fangs and he'd say (with that permanent smile he had) 'Better put him down, looks like he's getting a little cranky'

Great character!

There was something about Irwin, perhaps he had the common touch. Something some Aussies hated him for. He showed the Aussies as they are. Rough diamonds.

IMO Irwin popularised conservation. He made it entertainment.

I hate to think how much outpouring of grief there wuld be if Attenborough shrugged off his mortal coil.

Oh, when any public figure dies they'll be jokes flying around. It's human nature. I'm sure Irwin would have enjoyed them.

I agree too. For me, this man earnt more respect than all the trials champions put together!

I too have had 'sick' jokes being sent to me but jokes like these only work when you are completely removed from the person. In this case, I can't help but feel that there is some attachment to him as we (my family) watched many hours of his shows and thought he was just a great all round guy and a true inspiration.

We will sadly miss him :D