07 Beta 270 Or 07 Gasgas 300!help!

07betarev3

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like lots of maintenance and breakdowns go for the gasser 100%, they definately ride better than any of the other bikes including the Beta. I would love to get another Gasser after riding lots of them in the 90's but would nt buy one now. The Beta's are easy to work on and very reliable, may not be a light and nimble as the Gasser but you know its going to start every time and not fall to bits or have quite major breakdowns if you get a bad one. Hope to get another Gasgas one day but not untill the unreliability is sorted out, they are just to fragile these days i feel, especially if you ride alot

Edited by Betarev3

Quite a few bolts come loose on the beta's just tighten them up before each ride, no real hardship. Loctite them if you want to be sure, a small price to pay for having a bike that is as reliable as the beta. We are noticing though the build quality is getting worse though and i am a little p****d off about the 1.5 kg the 07 has somehow lost over the 06? what have they skimped on to loose that much weight. Keep the bike reliable Beta or your sales will dissappear, I am sure most beta sales are due to reliability and not light weight.

Edited by Betarev3

this is true betarev3 but they have mentioned some internal changes (engine wise) may be there? though a lot too loose just from there, bars clamps and hubs changed too?

And although the build quality maybe getting less which I think is terrible for such a relatively small company too do (in comparison too the market) I couldn`t beleive the number of Beta`s at todays trial! i`d say 3 out of 5!

Yer, Betas very popular bikes in the last few years. I rember though say 8 years ago nearly every adult bike was a gasser like the beta today, and they seem to have blown it, dont see many these days compared to Beta,Sherco Mont etc. Everyone i ve talked to about gassers love the way they ride but the breakdowns are many by the sound of it.

I love the maintenance side of having bikes, but could not put up with breakdowns, last Gasser i bought and may be the last was a 01 and it broke down 3 times in a month and went straight back for a beta, two ignitions and a clutch, let me down really bad at a trial in Glos and it had to go

Edited by Betarev3

hi ive got an 06 gasgas and had no problems whatso ever the only thing i do is clean filter and sometimes clean carb every month or so and grease swinging arm bearing every three months, but apart from that no trouble with parts or anything and i ride at least once every weekend of the year and they are also a very nice bike to ride and flick about easily

Yer Coxy, not saying they are all like that but they do need looking after well and if punished abit they do fall to bits, no doubt about that, 90's Gassers are pretty much bullet proof but the 01 onwards are fragile and i would nt like to take another chance at the moment

Go and have a chat with some Gasser riders and see what they say regards breakdowns and maintenance, they will rave about the way the bike rides as they are the best for it, may help make your mind up. I 'm probably not the best person posting on gassers after the problems i had but i would love to own another but think i would have to save up for a spare one just incase. One day I will get one and hope i dont regret it, will definately get some stick from our lot as well