07 Beta 270 Or 07 Gasgas 300!help!

07betarev3

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry, how did you get on at the trial today?

07 betarev3, maybe that says alot for you, where have all the gasser riders gone in the past 5-6 years? Beta, Sherco Mont

I rode like a muppet for the first half but was a great place and great day none the less that`ll teach me for having a week off and riding a road bike for the first time in 3 years! :beer:

and like I have said in another post somewere there were nothing but Beta`s really today! more so than I usually notice

Week off mate, your slacking, expect i will do the muppet thing soon, got my first trial coming up for over two years soon. Ride well in practice and playing about, then total tw*t as i go through the start cards in a trial, almost like i have never ridden before

Not doubting you Coxy, you ve got one of the good ones I think from what i ve heard from lots of previous gasser riders and theres lots of them now. Great bikes to ride and without doubt my favourites but still cant bring myself to buy one, very hard sometimes though

Week off mate, your slacking, expect i will do the muppet thing soon, got my first trial coming up for over two years soon. Ride well in practice and playing about, then total tw*t as i go through the start cards in a trial, almost like i have never ridden before

When you have too buy as many`spares` as me a week off is needed too settle the bank account! even had too borrow todays entry fee!

But yep first section was like "oh yeah i`m meant too keep my feet up there not down there aren`t I" :beer:

All this talk of other bikes has given me the taste too try `em all out I especially want a go on a 4rt don`t know why just do!

Yer give them all a go, the gasser is really nice to ride but thats not everything. Got no interest in the Mont at all, the Sherco feels really different to everything else and very low at the front end. Had a go on a Scorpa a few months ago and quite liked it, good power and felt light and easy to ride although the non flat bash plate had me off first time I sat it down on a log.

Edited by Betarev3

What about a Sherco?Sh*t can't beleave i said that.I would stand toe to toe with anyone who said anything bad about my Lesley(my beta we all have names for them, don't we)The gearing 10/10,the power 10/10, no rear linkage 10/10, the CARB 4/10.But the build is getting worse. 98 was the last of the well built one's.I have only had one Gasser, 97 Never again.

There is no one area that is bad due to build quality on the Betas just working on them over the years you think that's not as good as last year.Example the petrol cap nothing wrong with it just not as well made as before.The 07 1.5 kg less than the 06. I can't see it,The Beta is turning into a push bike with a engine.

My 06 would become lighter if i lost a few kg.Well more than a few.Well about LOADS.

So what about a Sherco.Would swap i Lesley for a Sherco. No chance.

Ralph, you'll have Caber after you with a post like that, he loves his Sherco, Lesley? did you name the Beta after that bird you used to knock around with, you remember the dependable well shaped one, a little over weight and you could ride all day with no breakdowns

If you like lots of maintenance and breakdowns go for the gasser 100%, they definately ride better than any of the other bikes including the Beta. I would love to get another Gasser after riding lots of them in the 90's but would nt buy one now. The Beta's are easy to work on and very reliable, may not be a light and nimble as the Gasser but you know its going to start every time and not fall to bits or have quite major breakdowns if you get a bad one. Hope to get another Gasgas one day but not untill the unreliability is sorted out, they are just to fragile these days i feel, especially if you ride alot

why you so sure the gassers have lots of maintenance and breakdowns ? Ive not touched anything on my bike which you wouldnt have had to on the beta and at least our nuts and bolts dont rattle loose you dont even have to check them before every ride.

Lewis, I ve had 8 gassers now, most were good bikes a couple a nightmare, one of which was resold after only having it 5 weeks from new. After trying a Beta the difference in build quality over the gasser is greater and the Betas dont tend to have major problems with them ie water pumps,clutches and gearboxes. Not all Gassers are like it but some are, non of my mates would ever buy one again after trying them in the past

Gas Gas 300

Every bike has something that is not good , I was told the same about the gas gas break down all the time , But it is not ture , I had always had monteasa or scorpas & I had to try a gas gas myself , I got a 2004 raga 2nd hand and ride it as hard as I have always rode , Its sweet , I do more maintenance than I did on the mont & scorpa , Not big money you just have to check things more , But saying that I can now ride some things that I was not getting on the mont & scorp ,

If you want to win you have to have the best ,

Cheers

:beer: