Gar Boots Waterproof?

joandemma

Not sure if you can buy them seperatley but the ones that come with Diadora stone 2`s are very good and i`ve washed mine a fair few times now just let `em drip dry tough! maybe worth contacting DIADORA direct?

I did have my first pair wear through but one email later had a new pair out too me free of charge the next day :hl:

I will add though that I very rarely use them now due too just treating the boots too a good old waterproofing after each clean :P

You can waterproof your boots. I did mine with a mix of dubbin and some sort of waterproofing product designed for walking boots (I think - it was one of the random tubs we have in the cupboard). There are lots of products out there, all you need to do is spend a bit of time applying several coats of the stuff every now and then (easy to do while watching the telly of an evening). Mine aren't 100% waterproof still, but then I'm lazy and don't keep up the treatments. They are waterproof enough that I can wash them off ofter a ride with a high pressure hose and only get slightly damp feet though!

If you want I'll try to find out what I used on mine, but really any good leather proofing product should do. Any reasonable outdoors shop should be able to point you at a good product to use. You may find that on the first application the boots need LOTS of coats, especially if you have the natural finish. It's pretty thirsty stuff!

• 3 weeks later...