Gas Gas Clutch

baldilocks

Now you're got me thinking . . Given the clutch, clutch springs and the slave cylinder remain the same

On the pro,not typical springs, the thickness of plates and adjustment changes the spring force dramatically, so correct setup is important.

• 2 weeks later...

hmmmm i was thinking of putting a larger master cylinder on my gasser BUT i asked about it and got told the the area of the larger master cylinder was the same as the small one although the bigger hosing has a bigger area than the small one so it wud infact make the clutch lighter. I havnt done it though because now i've started work my dad doesn';t fund the bike anymore but i've been told that f you put an '03 gasgas clutch casing on it dramatically lightens the clutch....worth a try if you've got the cash :angry:

woooooooooow brain wave!!!!!!!! would this work? right if i bought a large master cylinder. took it to work and machined it both deeper....only slightly though and wider and length ways. this would increase the area of the cylinder, and therefore make a lighter clutch :D just an idea whether it'd work or not i dont know

Adjust your clutch plates to 9.8mm fit a 06 125 raga clutch casing and bingo light clutch

Does this really work?? i been told you shouldn't adjust your clutch thickness any lower than 15mm because it becomes to hard to pull in, but thats just with the standard clutch casing, would the 125 cutch casing make the difference? has anyone tried these modifications?? i'm really keen to sort something out with my clutch as i hate the width of the friction point on the standard gasser clutch's, does anyone have a cure for me?? cheers!

Remove your clutch plates put both steels on the outside, with a micrometer take a reading 9.95mm will be ok but a bit on the heavy side 9.82mm will be nice and light gg uk do diferent thickness steel plats 06 bikes and on wards are different than older bikes they have 2mm steels dont think you can adjust these but 05 and earlyer the standard thickness is 1.6mm and you can buy 1.5 1.4 and 1.3 steels from gg uk if your clutch is heavy it will be around the 9.95mm

The point of the 06 125 raga casing is it has the best slave cylinder all the factory riders used 02 casings untill they made this one it is the same as an 02 but the hole which lets the fluid through is smaller and gives you more travel on the slave cylinder both 02 and this casing use o rings instead of an oring and seal which gives you less frction [drag]

another thing you can do if it is a later bike is to fit a fatter hose and also i drill the banjo bolts out because the later bikes have small holes in them

i have repaired bikes with stiff clutches and found that the hose is pinched behind the coil

hope this helps

Edited by no1

Remove your clutch plates put both steels on the outside, with a micrometer take a reading 9.95mm will be ok but a bit on the heavy side 9.82mm will be nice and light

i like to give extra info on this.

I experienced a heavy clutch pull aswell, and i compared mine to a new 200cc Gasgas bike that trained with me, which had a remarkable light clutch action.

I opened the engine to measure the thickness of the clutchpack and it was 9.95mm. Bearing in mind what No1 said, i put thinner plates in, which brought the thickness back to 9.75mm.

Voila, light clutch action. :hyper:

0.2mm is a lot of extra tension on the disc spring with nowadays pro's.

It is even possible that because of clutch swell you will experience increase in heavier clutch action over a while.

That is the reason why GG is so accurate about, and the oil recommendations, and the clutch thickness.