200 4 Stroking

superhondaman

Had a problem with my 200 a while back it seemed like it had killed a plug,then it got worse would run ok 2/3rd's of the trial then start to feel as though its 4 stroking?, i replaced the main coil, ok again for a couple of trials, then it started again, plug colour is fine, had the small coil behind the flywheel rewound, and its still 4 stroking, could the timeing be out? when i replaced the coil the lines were 'in line' on the flywheel. Any help appreciated!

Why are you so sure it is an electrical problem? If it is 4 stroking, it may be the fuel/air mixture is too rich. There are many things that can go wrong to cause an intermittent rich mixture.

Helping to diagnose the problem needs more info.

Under what riding conditions does the 4 stroking happen ie throttle position, bike attitude, engine warm or cold, RPM sensitive, during accelleration or constant speed, anything coming out the float bowl overflow, does it go better after you turn the fuel tap off?

Ok just been in the garage,checked carb cleaned it out all fine new plug in. On starting at cold running badly when you try to open the throttle its missing but i noticed that after a second the blue exhaust smoke changed to black, as the revs went lower it would return to normal colour.checked the plug and it is now black and oily. It is missing, 4 stroking, running rough cold or hot.

Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...

:beer: That works for me ! I've never had mine come loose , but that could definitely change the timing enough , Or cause the spark to be intermittent , to do what you described as the running condition of the bike ! Would it randomly be a witch to start to ? possible starter lever kickbacks ????

Sorry for the worst case Internet diag....................

Keep the FANTICS alive !!!! :thumbup:

Glenn