Chains, Wd40 & All That

hrc1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have had a brand new iris chain ( 3 hours old ) snap on me . i took it back and it was exchanged for a d.i.d chain no questions asked. why do these faulty chains always break when you at the section furthest away from your car ?

I did nt envy you pushing it from there mate. Can't belive how bad i did at that trial,, i had no enthusiasm what so ever.. thing it may have been down to not shaking the cold off after nearly 5 weeks.. I managed to do that waterfall section for a 2, as opposed to a 5 on the 1st lap and knackering my leg up... but that was one of many many 5's that day.. Doing the Hallamshire this week are you ??

dougieeeeeee ( another spectaclar off )

I was in luck on Sunday mate . A pal of mine was taking photos at the waterfall. After seeing my chain plight he took pity on me and drove me back to my car in his beemer. Luckily he has full leather seats so all that mud I picked up rolling in the sections should just wipe off :xmas:

I was going to ride the barnsley on Sunday but if a few of the Hillsbro lads are doing the Hallamshire I think Ill do that. At least youll all get a laugh.

cheers mate

Edited by leggins

can`t see any help there too be fair especially as it was the engine and chains motions that done the buisiness! using the widely spaced holes in the sprocket! if I had any slim chance of a claim my best options would be the first hospital for making such a mess of it requiring a secondary op

or whoever supplys Beta with the sprockets!!

But I know as well as everyone it was a freak accident that has sooooo many unknowns in it!

I know what you mean barry! How did your finger end up in the back sprocket on your bike when you were riding it? It is like, if you trip going up some stairs you will always end up with your face in someones crotch no matter how hard you try to avoid it on the way down! lol :xmas: Oris that just me with that experience?lol

I too have had a brand new iris chain ( 3 hours old ) snap on me . i took it back and it was exchanged for a d.i.d chain no questions asked. why do these faulty chains always break when you at the section furthest away from your car ?

I did nt envy you pushing it from there mate. Can't belive how bad i did at that trial,, i had no enthusiasm what so ever.. thing it may have been down to not shaking the cold off after nearly 5 weeks.. I managed to do that waterfall section for a 2, as opposed to a 5 on the 1st lap and knackering my leg up... but that was one of many many 5's that day.. Doing the Hallamshire this week are you ??

I was in luck on Sunday mate . A pal of mine was taking photos at the waterfall. After seeing my chain plight he took pity on me and drove me back to my car in his beemer. Luckily he has full leather seats so all that mud I picked up rolling in the sections should just wipe off :blush:

I was going to ride the barnsley on Sunday but if a few of the Hillsbro lads are doing the Hallamshire I think Ill do that. At least youll all get a laugh.

cheers mate

Yes it was a good of you had :( No harm tho, it did look good you going a*** over tit :D

I didn'y go on sunday, lad i was going with pulled out at last min.... Did you go ?? Any entertaining moments to report :blink:

I was in luck on Sunday mate . A pal of mine was taking photos at the waterfall. After seeing my chain plight he took pity on me and drove me back to my car in his beemer. Luckily he has full leather seats so all that mud I picked up rolling in the sections should just wipe off :(

cheers mate

Yes it was a good of you had :D No harm tho, it did look good you going a*** over tit :blink:

I didn'y go on sunday, lad i was going with pulled out at last min.... Did you go ?? Any entertaining moments to report :hl:

I ended up riding at penistone in the barnsley club trial. rode with dave aspinall , man that fella flies round the sections . we had finished four laps in no time..... some tricky sections which would have taken points off of decent riders. I had a ride on dave,s 05 270 rev 3. Couldnt believe how smooth it was , Im gunna get misen one o them.

no major offs to report this week mate I managed to stay onboard most of the time anyway :blush:

. I had a ride on dave,s 05 270 rev 3. Couldnt believe how smooth it was , Im gunna get misen one o them.

no major offs to report this week mate I managed to stay onboard most of the time anyway :blush:

More power to get in to trouble with :( 250 is smoother in my opinion. Ben has a 270 and is reverting back to a 250 07 model when funds allow him to. i might have one too, mrs has given me the go ahead but i need to give her some spending money too , some time in new year maybe !!

• 3 weeks later...