Computer Help!

spud

I want to make a DVD. My computer tower has written on it DVD-RW and on the DVD sliding draw it says DVD multi-recorder. Will this write a DVD? Do i need any software to write a DVD?...The disc's I would like to write on say DVD-R.

I have used the computer to write music cd's

Edited by spud

Making DVD's is a real minefield! It's not simple process and can take hours to do. Are you talking about converting footage shot from a camera or converting a format that's been downloaded? You will need several bits of software anyway, all nero will do is write it to the DVD. See Video Help for advice.

The first hurdle of having my computer to recognise a DVD-R disc has now be accomplished. The software I downloaded was Cheetah Burner (15 day trial).

The camera I have is an Canon MV830 Digital Video Camcorder and with this camcorder I have the software to make the video footage into MPEG files...so far so good...O yeah I can also make AVI files to edit in Window Movie Maker.

The new problem I

Thanks Dougie Pumpkin/Dabnait....The DVD Combi player is in question is a Funai PDC purchased from Curry's UK. On the disc draw it says DVD-RW/R Recorder. Neither tyour Unlock Code Index nor the VideoHelp website list this player.

Thanks Dougie Pumpkin/Dabnait....The DVD Combi player is in question is a Funai PDC purchased from Curry's UK. On the disc draw it says DVD-RW/R Recorder. Neither tyour Unlock Code Index nor the VideoHelp website list this player.

Does it have a model number ? PDC just means (Programe delivery control - so you'll miss the start of a program recording if the program's air time is running late