Valve Of 05 Montesa 4rt

07betarev3

Bikes...cars....vans...vacuum cleaners...whatever....its an unfortunate fact of life that depeciation afflicts all of us in virtually everything we do.

Slashing the price of new bikes by 20% will probably affect the second hand market by 30% :hyper:

Existing owners might say that this so called 'Depreciation' is a hefty 'Kick in the nuts'

Those Appleyard bikes are indeed ex Sandifords 05 stock but they are still likely to attract a few bargain hunters.

And anyone looking to spend

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, do not despair, as I have bought one of the last few "cheapy 4RTs" from Appleyards. Iwas told (and I do happen to believe it wasn't just salesmanship..) that they only had 4 left of their batch of 35, when I ordered mine, 10 days ago.

Oh yes, and HOT TIP: There are likely to be some discounted (but not THAT cheap) 06 4RTs coming to an Appleyard dealership near you sometime next year...

This sort of carry on by importers is totally iresponsible

to all of a suddenly flood the market with cheap bikes in

the term of things is not doing any of us favours,albeit people selling

second hand bikes or dealers with them sitting in their showroom.

This happens also with the gas gas's.Car importers do just the opposite to keep up

the second hand prises and new.

What it is, is the throttle body has two sets of program's in it

and by the flick of a switch on the bars you can go from one

to the other this in turn changes the fueling etc and

changes the type of power the engine put's out ie softer for the mud

and grip and then more responsive and sharper for in the dry.

Very Very little difference between 05, 06 and 07, I know for a fact two people that have been tempted by the appeal of the 4rt to buy a new one.

Both opted for the cheap applyard route although both could have afforded (and would have bought) new 07.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

Are you planning on getting a new 4rt now you have sold your 05?(doogle)

No, I have got a new 2 stroke now. This is no reflection on the 4rt, as the bike itself was excellent quality. I did feel let down when I heard about the new 05's being sold cheaply though. The story I have heard is that there is/was 30 new 05's that were being offered to the dealers to sell at