Clutch Forearm Pump

coldcake

does any other scorpa rider get this,never had this on my sherco.the clutch is not hard to pull it just seems that i get pumping in the forearm after tuff section.i have noticed that the res is a lot smaller than on other bikes.or is it me being a big girls blouse.

well you were on the right lines with girls blouse but to be fair to you your not alone. The std scorpa clutch is a lot heavier than the sherco. Try a bigger master cylinder and / or a longer lever to make the clutch a bit lighter. I suffered exactly the same with my scorpa but your arm will get used to it eventually

• 2 weeks later...

After saying about "never getting it on the Scorpa" i DNFd on Sunday due to it. It was getting so i physically couldnt apply the clutch (my finger just wouldnt move) i decided it was dangerous and stopped riding. However i hadnt drunk any water, and i think this has something to do with it, as you get cramps etc from lack of fluids. Also the trial was a case of, whoever can paddle best doenst get a five and fall off, so there was a lot of clutch on and clutch off.

However someone i ride with drowned his Sherco 290, and finished the trial on my Scorpa (he secretly prefers it to his bike) and he said even after riding a few sections he could feel it starting to come on.

Im going to have a look at adjusting the lever, and possible a bigger lever (ive got one from off my gasser)

Just my thoughts!

think i've solved it. tried other scorpa with bigger master cylinder and was lot smother just like my sherco.

so this evening put bigger one on.feels better, give it a test on weekend.

i don't do dorothy perkins, the wife does it for me.i get funny looks asking for size 10 high heels.

Edited by coldcake

I used to suffer pretty badly from fore arm pump, what I recommend is lots of pinapple juice prior too and during the event, I also take an olive leave extract mixture that they sell downunder which does wonders for all sorts of ailments.

Funnily enough I used to suffer more on my sherco than my sy250!! with my current bike a scorpa 175 the clutch arm has been extended about 1cm, if I was ever to get forearm pump with my 175 clutch it would be time to give up trials!!

Can you explain where you get the bigger master cylinder and fitting etc?

Is it hard?

Thanks

I did this mod ages ago for when I had gassers. You can get them from gasgasuk. makes the clutch loads lighter on the scorpa. imho.

Is it hard?

Thanks

got mine from bvm.easy as to change.off with the old on with the new and just pump the brake untill all the air bubbles come out.you will know when it's right,you will have an eye full of dot4 (and then start muttering to your self f###ing sh#t)

Is it hard?

Thanks

got mine from bvm.easy as to change.off with the old on with the new and just pump the brake untill all the air bubbles come out.you will know when it's right,you will have an eye full of dot4 (and then start muttering to your self f###ing sh#t)

And quickly wash out before you go blind! :D