Cleaning My Air Filter.

spangles68

Hi

Wash it in very hot water with fairy liquid and then dry it in the airing cuboard. I have washed my filter in petrol previously and it did no harm! Test an old filter first though to make sure it doesn'destroy it!lol I would go for the hot water an fairy liquid option though. Cleans it just as well but takes a little work! I always oil the filter properly with proper filter oil. I think it was Nigel Dabster on here that said "It is sticky for a reason you know" Which is true!

Hope this helps

Sean

Hi

Wash it in very hot water with fairy liquid and then dry it in the airing cuboard. I have washed my filter in petrol previously and it did no harm! Test an old filter first though to make sure it doesn'destroy it!lol I would go for the hot water an fairy liquid option though. Cleans it just as well but takes a little work! I always oil the filter properly with proper filter oil. I think it was Nigel Dabster on here that said "It is sticky for a reason you know" Which is true!

Hope this helps

Sean

You think you're airfilter is clean doing that? Just buy a proclean kit or similar & see how much **** & muck soap & water fails to bring out, I was shocked to say the least. Without using a proper cleaner the sticky filter oil isn't broken down correctly & it retains all the **** in the filter. I got a proclean kit just recently, don't know how much it cost though 'cos Munch ain't sent me a bill :lol:

i like the no toil filter oil and warm water detergent

you will still have to clean your filter first time with something a bit more toxic

but once you start using it you will not want to switch back to ordinary filter oil,and its a cool red colour so you can tell when you have enough on

i can do my filters in the kitchen sink now without the ear bashing