Carb On A 4rt.

andy m

After reading a couple of posts on here I was wondering how long it will be until someone is in the unfortunate position where they have to adapt a carb to fit a 4RT. All you blokes that are fortunate to change your bikes every year or two will not need to worry, it's the ones that are buying a 4RT when they are in the

Also EFi range Rover motors into Land Rovers

Surely the reason people fitted carbs in that instance is because it was easier than fitting a new/spliced wiring loom to accomodate?

I don't really understand this anti 4RT mentality, plucking random figures out of the air for imaginary parts.

Yes it's dearer than a 2 stroke, yes it's more complicated, yes some people think it's over engineered to the point of being too big. Surely the point is this, if you like it buy it, if you don't, well don't and go buy something that you do like, there's plenty out there! If you think that "some black box" will break costing

Yes it could go wrong and as munch says there are bits around to replace it. If and a big if things start to wear out/go wrong then this will be reflected in the second hand price.

The unwary have always been ripped off by the uscrupulous, fact of life. Everybody knows some one who has bought a bargain which isn't.

Only recently a pal bought an 07 Scorpa for 3100 thinking he had a done well, then discovered water in the carb and airbox. Was that a bargain?

So yes the bills for a 4t are more likely to be higher later down the line but the resale values should/would reflect this.

1. I am not anti 4RT. I think they are a great bike. Please read my posting, I am talking about a few years down the line.

2. I am not stirring any ****. I ride a 4 stroke myself.

3. Time will tell (future owners etc).

4. Enjoy your 4RTs. :wacko:

bo its true what you say some people like the familliar

i have a mate ,and this is true ,who has converted a ccm super moto to points ignition,it was so sucsessfull in his opinion he has done it to a buell as well.his reason was he could tune and play with the advance retard himself.

by the way he is mad!!!

bo its true what you say some people like the familliar

i have a mate ,and this is true ,who has converted a ccm super moto to points ignition,it was so sucsessfull in his opinion he has done it to a buell as well.his reason was he could tune and play with the advance retard himself.

by the way he is mad!!!

:wacko: Christ..he must ride around with a spare set in his pocket just in case.