4rt 2007

nigel dabster

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont know where dabster gets his info from

i gave up waiting for the 05,and got the sherco instead(worst and most expensive mistake of my trials life)

and again in 06 had to wait till 25th march,

you may see a few pictures and the odd dealer bike in november,but that is about all,i am sure the wait will be worth it

dont know where dabster gets his info from

i gave up waiting for the 05,and got the sherco instead(worst and most expensive mistake of my trials life)

and again in 06 had to wait till 25th march,

you may see a few pictures and the odd dealer bike in november,but that is about all,i am sure the wait will be worth it

Not sure where you get your bikes from either, I rode an 06 bike whilst marking out our clubs Boxing Day Trial, I bought one before the end of January.

Its not just the frame thats cracking on a 4RT. The whole bike is cracking and its a cracking ride.

Talking of cracking rides I see you had one on Sunday. You need to ask DJ how to adjust your riding style to the Mont like he has.

• 3 weeks later...

well after much deliberation i finally done it i got a 4rt repsol number 0573 will be collecting it tomorrow form collin appleyards and i have it from there sales man on the trials side that they will be getting more of the 2005 at

Edited by sr34

got my new 4rt from collin appleyards thursday used it on backcown quarry on saturday now it wont start took the plug out pure carbon black as coal cleaned the plug washed the bike it started up but run like a pig miss firing flames coming out the exhaust now it wont start at all going to phone appleyards ASAP monday morning will keep you all informed :-((

Please keep us informed there seams to be a few 07 Repsols out there with starting problems. See we are only one apart I have 574.

Just a quick thought

1. Turn the tick over up by 1/4 turn anticlockwise. (I had problems after the first ride out and wash, cured it on cold start)

2. Leave on tick over for a least 30 seconds for the sensors to set before touching the throttle.

This advice can direct from Sandifords mechanic so it must have some value :beer

took the bike to colin appleyards today there was a faulty plug to blame for the miss fire & flames from the exhaust the carbon build up was put down to too much oil on the filter which was a pre oiled brand new filter from montesa they said is was restricting air flow ?? the bike is running fine at the moment but only time will tell fingers crossed & as allways feet up :-)

Fingers crossed then, as you say. The to much oil on the filter seems an odd one. The filter on my old 4rt was drenched in oil from the factory and it never affected the plug/running. There was so much oil on it that I never needed to oil it in the year that I had it!

Hopefully your problems are all sortede now anyway.