World Contenders

alan bechard

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sirhc, well we will have to fix that!

I've not been around much since the NATC banned me from the US Pro class competition, I was a little discouraged so I stopped coming to trials. Face it the NATC knows me and they knew I would have beat Geoff Aaron in 06 if I would have kept training. Which would have ruined his bid for 10 US national titles........Which all the Geezers at the NATC where promoting!

We don't have the ITS events anymore but maybe we can get Zip-Tie Cullen out to my compound for some training sometime. It's located in a former secret NIKE Missle base, protected from A-Bomb attacks by huge mountains. Where we practice is the very place where the Terminator appeared in T-3 from the future and sometimes we even go where the Moorlocks came from in HG Well's Time Machine. It's a funny place Lane'sWorld speaking of time machines, one day Doc Brown's Time Machine from Back to the Future was outside our compound gate. So bring Zip-Tie here at your own risk.

Edited by Mich Lin

Unless we are blessed with the luck Nick Montzoros had, where the rest of the pack luckily crashes themselves out of contention there is no possible way to finish a 125 bid in the top 3. Even 5 WINS is a meager 100 points and looking at FIM site that is only 7 th place.Due to location and plans to attend all NATC rounds the plans are to get in 5 rides; maybe 6 .

Edited by northernnorm

Unless we are blessed with the luck Nick Montzoros had where the rest of the pack basically crashes themselves out of contention there is no possible way to finish a 125 bid in the top 3. Even 5 WINS is a meager 100 points and looking at FIM site that is only 7 th place.Due to location and plans to attend all NATC rounds the plans are top get in 5 rides; maybe 6 .

Noel,

Its great to see you back Pat to ride 5 or 6 world rounds! Thats no mean feat coming from the states.

I hope you have a good time in 2007 and Pat enjoys himself. I know Ross did in his first full year and the TTC was one of the highlight's even though he didnt ride as well as he would have liked to.

We met some great people over there and had a rockin' time :D (like them stoned drunkard brothers who were camped by you and we got playing the guitars with ! Craaazzzeeeeeeee dudes :) )

p.s. Them there fireworks stores were awesome :xmas:

The Fireworks stores are indeed World Class, Wow, worth the trip just to try firing them off.

Mom, 5 or 6 rounds is nothing to sneeze at! Try not limit yourself with any thoughts right now. If Patrick goes well in Europe, he may decide to bypass the NATC Series if he has a chance at a podium finsih at the World Championship.

The NATC series is a good thing but if your going well at the World Championship, why worry about the US Title? There's lots of time for that, while your window for the World Championship is fairly small.

Lane's World or not, I can't sit back and let this one go unchecked.

Northern Norm,

You're seriously gonna say something like that about Nick's ride? Are you trying to disqualify the accomplishment? Are you slamming him for some particular reason? Have you bought into the Beave's twisted view of the world? Let me guess... you could have beat Nick, but you were disqualified from competition cuz you didn't show up. Huh? Am I close?

Take a second out of your busy day to take OTHER people's feelings into account. Nick had the day/weekend of his life. It was story book all the way. A dream come true, but it was so great, he couldn't have even dreamed it. It will forever be one of the greatest moments in his life. A lifetime of memories. He will remember every minute of the entire experience for the rest of his life. He will live to tell his grandchildren about that day.

You guys are always yakkin' about how Trials needs to grow, blah blah blah, but when the single greatest Trials public relations gain happens, you guys slam it. With all this in mind, your contribution is to say that he got there only because everyone else crashed out? I gotta say that is weak... very weak.

You guys wonder why there aren't many entries in pro Trials... or why our top guys don't care to put forth the effort to compete in the World stuff... Gee, could this be a big part of their decision to go do something else? Everytime someone does good, there's always people like you guys to drag 'em thru the mud for their efforts. Why spend the time and money to travel to US national events, or go across the pond, when the very people you are representing are gonna slam ya for every move ya make?

The reality of it is, our champ riders do their own thing here in the US, and they are confident in knowing that guys like you are not qualified to lube their chains, let alone ride the Champ line. That's why they don't hang out here. Everything to lose and nothing to gain. If you guys are genuinely concerned about the lack of entries in US pro Trials, and are genuinely concerned about the US at the World level, start making POSITIVE contributions to the sport. Build up our Champs, make them feel appreciated for mastering our sport. Do NOT tear them down for it. EVER!

(This one should put me on Observed and Moderated Status for sure)

Send, your off base here!

Who's ragging on Nick? Neither Mom or myself has made one single negative comment about Nick. Yes Mom commented that he was blessed with luck and I think Nick would be the first to admit that. Read his Cycle News interview! She was simply hoping for a similar miricle for Patrick!

I've been the BIGGEST supporter of what Nick did at Enduro-Cross and yes I agree that it was the biggest promotion of trials riders in years. Way overdue! In fact RYP has Nick's bike and is taking it unwashed to the dealer show, with a video of his race for promotion. Simply to show that Trials bikes can be fast!

This mom is a perfect example about how life near the top gets tougher! Your innocent comment is taken out of context, mixed into Sendero's world and your suddenly a bad person. When that was the farthest thing from your mind or heart.

Get used to it!

Send, don't take this as a personal attack, I'm simply letting you know that neither mom or me would ever RAG on Nick's super amazing ride at Enduro-Cross. I won't back down though that the 125cc World Title is much more important than the NATC series. If Patrick had to choose, the world title should always take priority over the NATC series.

I think what Nick did was awesome I just wanted to point out that sometimes things can really work in a riders favor and nothing more. Yes it does read as though he maybe didnt earn the spot but hey he stayed up and rode fast enough to get the job done ,I know my boys are jealous or envious that he did what he did,it is definately huge exposure for Trials as a sport and I wouldnt doubt that if 10 trialsers showed up they might almost feel like putting in a different class for them , We also thought it wasnt legal to run a trials bike or there may have been a few more Shercos out there. Depending on the course I would think a liitle stiffer suspension and some gearing and clutch changes might be enough to really run towards the front of the main event.

LUCK?? Luck is where Opportunity and preparation meet. Ask any racer...I'd rather be lucky than good would be a common answer. Was he lucky...YES! But in order to win you still have to show up and be racing behind the person that falls. Nick also fell right after he passed the fallen leader, but managed to get up quicker. Then put distance on them. With lanes Alpina dream bike he would have kicked some ass. :blush:

[

quote name='Mich Lin' date='Dec 16 2006, 04:00 PM' post='106936]

Neither Mom or myself has made one single negative comment about Nick. Yes Mom commented that he

Just who exactly is this person "Mom" that Mr. Leavitt is always talking about?

Edited by the observer