Funny Stories

bilco

Gareth Roberts on his Bulto, waiting in line for a section. This was at Caerphilly, he was in the queue and killed it off. Instead of starting just pushed it to the start cards. Fired her up, observer called him in and with a big gallery watching selected second stood up, dropped the clutch and shot backwards into the riders behind him. He went flying over the bars, pandemonium, people rolling around on the floor the observer on his knees crying. Apparently if the old Bulto stopped at TDC it would sometimes run backwards, well that was what I was told by a red faced Mr Roberts. The observer gave him a five as well as he had landed in the section, that set everyone off again. He was so embarrassed he didnt even argue.

OK I will add my favourite crash story from when I was a kid. I was riding my TY80 on a gentle slope I am not sure if I was going up or down the slope but that don't really matter. The front tire went to full lock and the bike pitched me off the side. My face made contact with the dirt, there was dirt in my eyes and mouth. My brother helped me to the nearby milk house and hosed off my face. When we returned to the bike my dad was just a rolling with laughter. I looked at the ground and there plain as day were a perfect set of teeth marks where I took a bite out of the ground. :):xmas:

heres my list

• rode into a section with the foot peg up
  • rode into a section and missed the breaks - lookily missed the fence at the bottom
  • rode up a step - couldn't get the back wheel up - spent five minutes pushing the bike around trying to get it too move
  • hit a rock - crashed and took a very small chunk out the back mudguard
  • loads of other crashes due to half hearted attempts

Many years ago we had an observer who was cross-eyed. Seriously cross-eyed. Lovely lady. When she called "next" five riders would rush towards the section begins.

This, I swear, is true. Dunlop wellies. Remember them? Well a South African rider (who will remain nameless but used to be the c-o-c for the Scott) couldn't find any normal length wellies. So he settled on the shorter variety. He dropped the bike, throttle end into his right wellie. The throttle stuck and he ended up hopping around in circles trying to keep up with the bike. Broke his ankle when the bike got too far ahead of him.

• 1 year later...

Alright I'm a newby around here so I'll jump in and give you my first trials wreck (since I've only had the bike 4 days)

Got home from work a bit early, temps are nice so I fired up the new bike to do some balance practice in the back yard...

While doing figure 8's I got a bit close to the kids swing hanging from the big tree in the back of the house and got the bars hung up in the rope.

Go down pretty fast that way...

Glad there were no witnesses! :rolleyes:

I shall protect the guilty by not naming names :rolleyes: but last year at one of our club trials, a certain well know sidecar driver, feeling the worse for wear after a wedding bash the night before :blink: , turned up at the trial in his van, alreeady suited and booted for the days sport and, after joshing in the 'paddock' for half an hour, retuned to his van to unload the outfit...Now its common to turn up at a trial without helmet, boots, gloves, petrol etc, but this takes the biscuit... HOW DO YOU FORGET TO BRING YOUR BIKE!!!!! :shutup: