Rev3 Fuel Tap Trauma

beta bodger

I dont get this :blush:

I seem to be able to start my bike better on the reserve tank??????

I sometimes find that whilst out riding the bike sounds like its going to stall.

I have now worked out that if I turn the tap all the way to the front of the bike (to reserve) its ok then I am able to carry on. Five mins later i can go back to the on position.

I am not running out of fuel......so is it a presure thing or is it related to muck in the tank/dodgy tap?

any ideas?

Edited by Beta Bodger

I've run my bikes on the reserve setting only for years, fived a section once when it ran out on the main on tap and never used it since.

Take the hose off and see what the flow rate is on the on setting and reserve setting, maybe **** in the tap or tank or the tap is incorrectly aligned when vertical

surely you could take the tap out and look at the filter easy enough? what is it 2 screws?

may surprise you what you find! I found all sorts of what looked like limescale in a road bike one once, obviously it`s all down too the quality of your local petrol station. Supermarket branches are cheaper because they buy any crap from whoever is cheapest at the time whereas I`ve seen reports of Shell garages coming out tops year in

Well is IS pretty easy but you have to take the header or silencer and mid pipe off unless you have double-jointed fingers. The filter on the tap is quite long and like Barry says, they can get surprisingly clogged. Even if the tap is fubar'd they're not too expensive - about

Run it on reserve, can't see the point of running it on on. Running it on on could cause a 5 or worse a crash. Benefits? You know you're running low on fuel, well, the trials I ride that would make no differance as you're in the middle of nowhere so it's not like you can nip back and get soem fuel!

I would still investigate though.

Stu, you pretty much know when the bikes due for a fill, but not when its about to knock from main to reserve. Quick shake of the tank is best if you think you are near empty, there is nothing more annoying than getting a five when it decides it needs reserve on, will always happen at the easiest section of the trial as well :thumbup: