Thurlstone Quary Barnsley Club

aj201280

Just a short one for all those involved with the Barnsley trials club and those who set up the Trial on the 17th at thurlstone Quarry thanks for a great trial.

When do the scores go on the website so i can see how i did?

Edited by AJ201280

They are usually up within a couple of days. It looks a good venue although like all quarries you have to know where the edge is!!! As promised NYL was there, (and I was Section 5 observer), despite him being under the weather due to a bout of tonsilitis. Try keeping any young rider away!!!

Edited by Telecat

They are usually up within a couple of days. It looks a good venue although like all quarries you have to know where the edge is!!! As promised NYL was there, (and I was Section 5 observer), despite him being under the weather due to a bout of tonsilitis. Try keeping any young rider away!!!

Ah ha, it's nice to put a face to a name. I started the trial at section 5 (rider 126), and my favourite section of the trial. I had two fives on that section Doh! :blush: I thought the trial was set out very well, with a good mix of sections. I helped with some of the setting out and putting up the safety fencing. I believe one rider went round for a clear ride on every section riding the hard course.! The last club champs at Barnsley is December 31st at Dovecliffe.

Edited by SVLeigh

ah.

I was going to go to this trial. I go to all the others.

But talking to some friends who have ridden the quarry before, they believed that it was only small and there may be big queues.

With this in mind i didnt want to pull my managers arm to give me sunday off and be queuing all day !

..ah well :blush:

How was it? big enough? not alot of entries ? eh eh ?

Matt

4 sections were set up at the bottom end away from the main part of the quarry, section 5 was next to the buried pipline, 6 was in and out of the trees, 7 was the rocks in the centre, 8 was up a step and around to the blue face and out again, 9 was over the marbles and up on to the ramp leading up the side of the quarry, 10 was right at the top, a step up and then over some rocks and then up and out to the car park. Then all th e way back down to to section one atop the banking. It was a split start, small-ish queues formed only at section 6 and 10. Not bad considering it was such a comparatively small venue. I rode like a noob!! :blush:

and I was Section 5 observer

And I was the guy on the brand new 07 Beta covered in bodge tape that you offered a re-ride to after a guy got in the way just before the top step.

Most riders are a bit shy about asking for a re-run but I always offer if I feel you been impeded or even just put off. If I remember the first would have been a three and the re-ride netted a one which I feel justified the decision and gave you a fairer result.

As for the queues, section 6 had a few people waiting but it was a longish section. I also saw a few waiting at 10. Neither were ridiculous tho and NYL was as usual chatting away to keep himself occupied.

Edited by Telecat

I agree the queues were ok. You had a good section, think I cleaned it twice and took a one twice? Can't remember which lap was which. If I'd have know who was who I'd of stopped and chatted. Can't see myself making the trip too often though, took 7 hours to get home!

not a bad trial i think i went round on the (50/50 course) for 3 but i can't be sure, the hard course looked well set out bu i didn't want to push my luck as i had just about lost most of the energy in my arms :( and with not feeling well i wouldn't of been happy with a bad ride on a harder course,

hopefully better soon :blush: