Colonial

doogle

Has anybody got any idea when a riding list will be available for this. I have entered again this year and I am hoping that I will get a ride. It will be the first time I have ridden it, but hear that it's a superb event. One of the best of the year!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent my regs back the same day I received them, missed out again :beer: You might be one of the lucky ones if you haven't had your cheque returned by now. Cracking trial but pointless entering by post really :thumbup:

Good luck to all those who get a ride...

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything back from the organisers yet with regard to a riding list. I know that it is a few weeks away yet but I want to sort out somewhere to sleep rather than make the four hour drive on the morning of the trial.

I see it starts from a caravan park. Does anybody know if this is open, I thought I could park the van and sleep there overnight. Is it near a pub for food? are there facilities on site?

Any information that anyone has, or any bed and breakfasts people know about near by would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Edited by Andy

Hi Doogle,

If you haven't heard anything then there is a good chance that you are a lucky one! Give us a call on 01653 694205 - you may have to talk to my angry father but he'll let you know if you have a ride and also advise about where to stay.

Kinell,

"Cracking trial but pointless entering by post really" I know what you mean by this but the first entry back by post came from down near London - a member of a Kent based club. ?????? :banana2:

All Colonial Fans

It is getting more difficult with the popularity of this trial and the entries filling up so quickly - we do try our best to make it fair but at the end of the day if we don't get the entry in time what can we do???? There are 130 riders who did come back in time but unfortunately we have to have a limit - trust me we would love to have you all there but its just not practical with the daylight, parking space etc.

All I can say is if you missed out this year try again next - sorry! :dunce:

I know what you mean by this but the first entry back by post came from down near London - a member of a Kent based club. ?????? :D

All Colonial Fans

It is getting more difficult with the popularity of this trial and the entries filling up so quickly - we do try our best to make it fair but at the end of the day if we don't get the entry in time what can we do???? There are 130 riders who did come back in time but unfortunately we have to have a limit - trust me we would love to have you all there but its just not practical with the daylight, parking space etc.

All I can say is if you missed out this year try again next - sorry! :D

I wasn't having a dig at anyone in particular so apologies if it looked like I was. My regs arrived about a week after Perce's did last year. Entering online would be great for most but those without internet access would then lose out.

For those that have not ridden the Colonial - it is a brilliant trial which finishes off in the pub with a pie & chips supper. Relax and have a pint whilst the score boards are updated :banana2:

Vicx, how many entries did you receive this year?

Maybe it needs the dreaded 'ballot' :dunce:

Kinell,

Didn't think you were digging but I wanted to clear all up in one go as we've had some digs at local trials from disappointed riders - understandable as I would be miffed too.

As for number of entries it's difficult to say as alot of people hear down the grape vine and don't bother to send them in or they know if they haven't sent them straight back theres no point. I would say as a guess we may have 30 riders who haven't got a place but I really am guessing as we don't keep records of any sent back - we do however keep an envolope from each one received so they can get regs next year along with everyone else. Anyone wanting to send us an envolope is welcome to then they will get regs along with the past years riders.

As for a ballot - well look at the SSDT - Its a difficult thing to do as there will always be people disapointed.

If all else fails then get in your car and hand deliver them!!

Sorry again to all those who have missed out :banana2:

Is your angry dad called Keith,

Pay attention, he's called 'Dad' and he's sometimes pretty angry :banana2:

I spoke to him last night, and he wasn't angry at all. Very helpful infact. Was more than happy to chat to me even though he was busy repairing bikes. Top bloke!

I was talking to a rider at the New Years day trial At Hovingham and he'd literally filled in his entry and dropped it thru Keith's letterbox to make sure he got in.

I would imagine he would not have got in, as I knew well before the 27th December 2006 (see previous post) that I and several of my mates were unsuccessful.