Snow In Socal!

sirhc

Well it has only rained in Southern California about three times this year, yet this morning we had a strange occurrence.......SNOW. I know this may sound stupid to the rest of the country, but a small dusting got us all exited especially the kids. This is out my son's windowpost-2409-1168624296.jpg and my daughter on the balconypost-2409-1168625005.jpg it was the first time she has seen snow. It was also a little strange as I drove them to school the sun came out and there was still a little snow falling. The kids where a little disappointed they didn't get a snow day though

Snow isn't that rare in socal ! just depends where you live ! When I was in high school in Indio in 1976 , it snowed one day on my way to work in Palm Springs after school ! And I beleive it's most likley snowing in Lake arrowhead/bigbear right now !!!

Boy I miss the mountains of SoCal ... :banana2:

Glenn

Last time I was in SoCal was when I left for the other coast , Nov. 2003 ... And I taught for a bit at Toyota in Torrence , so I am quite familiar w/ LA traffic !! But at least 80% of the folks out west understand how to drive a car. Not here in the Charleston area where we are blessed with about the highest ins. rates in the country and what would you expect when if you can't read here you can have someone read the drivers license test for you !

And of the places I've lived in our beautiful country , I think Lake Arrowhead was The best ! 4 seasons like New England , Great Schools , no smog , and ZERO HUMIDITY !

Now if I could get a green sticker for my trusty old Fantic I'd love to move back and start a ITSA chapter for SoCal !!!

:wacko:;) Glenn

And it was in 1976 or 77 when it snowed in the coachella valley Gents.... :wacko:

weather here now , 38 w/freezing rain forcast for the AM... AND HUMID!!!!! :wacko:

while you guys got cold in california global warming hit us in missouri what should have been 2 foot of snow ended up being 4 inches of ice breaking 40% of the power poles weve been without real power for a week and probly have another wwek to go;. I had to buy a new generator for my farm cost about the same as a new montesa. and it burns 100 gallons of diesel a day instead of 1 gal of premix. All the sections we ride will be covered with limbs and trees should have no excuse when it comes to logs anymore

brian sameway here maybe more like cannon shots the worst anyone can remember a few people a t of people broke all the new fangled labor saving devices we got here that we didnt have when we are kids dont work without electricity yeah i got the amigo stuff have 2 amigos running good. planning on making to both the youth national and June national hope to see ya there

axulsuv, Lake Arrowhead has lost some of its luster over the last decade or so. The pine bark beetle has been allowed to run rampant (thank to environmentalists), and great tracts of pines in the area are now dead or dying. A awful forest fire ran through the area and almost leveled Lake Arrowhead. Lake Arrowhead escaped for the most part, but some surrounding communities were not so lucky.