Magical Micks Crash Helmet

andy m

Look on ebay there is a helmet that once belonged to Magical Mick Andrews. Item no 160076809764. We are trying to judge if there are any other interested parties on here as its approaching 40 quid and fellow TC user Pitley wants it to wear on his Majesty. He will probably need a blonde wig as well, as like me time has not been kind to him where hair is concerned. (As a coot) He will be gutted if it goes for silly money. :unsure::D:beer:

Guest THEDavidBaker

Hello B J - I have a yellow and blue Happytime suit from 1977 and I am sure if I let it of the bag now it would get there in time on it's own.

I have here a photo of Mick actually weraing it, but cannot show it at the moment as it forms part of my presentation at next months Fort William Mountain Festival night!

If you look back in history I posted a pic of Mick wearing said helmet. I'll see if I can find it..

Hey Tim

What year was that photo taken?

It seems that mick is riding a monoshock TY?

Looks like the swingarm of a late DT175 to me?

Wonder what happend to that bike then,bet it never got crushed like most of the works Hondas.........

Cheers :beer:

Edited by pitley

Looks like DT250 MX motor maybe as didn't the swingarm bolt go through the motor, maybe a 175 swingarm. I have a pic here of another TY250 Mick is riding JGF 729N is the reg and it is twinshock and they are laid down fairish. White bike with Big red stripe on the tank. Photo is titled Monarch of the Highlands. 1975 at the Cellart Falls section in the SSDT. The World of Motorcycles is the title of the book. :beer:

PS Pitley get bidding on that lid, its only money and you cant take it with you :unsure::D