Television Aerial

perce

Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction of how, why & what to use in sending a tv signal to all the rooms in my house? I'm currently having to hardwire my computer network so i might as well do the TV one at the same time.

Anyone that can help please send me a personal message or email to discuss what I need.

For the useless tools out there I don't need the link to the Maplins site, I know how to use Google thankyou very much :beer:

Hi,

Routing a "tv signal" around the home?.................Better you define first where your tv signal is coming from.

Sky?, SkyHD, Freeview?, Cable? or the good old coax via an aerial on the roof.

Also, do you care that all Tv's display the same programme at the same time, or do you want them all completely independant.

In our house I use wireless Scart transmitter/receivers. I have one Tx attached to the Sky box and there's a receiver in every room (where there's a telly) and they all display the same. There's only 2 of us so that's no big deal. It can crackle and pop once in a while (wireless interference) but the quality is as good as the main tv in the living room. It transmits back also, so can change channel remotely.

A pal of mine works for a Pro' AV retailer/installer................and the extend you can go to is mind-boggling......touchscreen LCD panels next to your light switch to "control" everything.....blah blah...!

Ian.

I've got a problem with routing my computer network round the house, I can't get the wireless signal to reach through the 500mm thick walls from one side of the house to the other. So I've come to the conclusion I'll have to wire it in so at the same time I might as well put a tv cable into the bedrooms etc. I've currently got my aerial in the loft & a sky dish on the wall, both of which a cabled to the mess of wires at the back of the tv set in the living room. I've currently got a wired connection to the dining room & most importantly my office where I can pick up the aerial & sky signal. Now the plan is to add to this bedroom points where I can pick up both signals & also add freeview boxes into the mix.

We're already picking up a fairly good freeview signal off a 100mm magmounted aerial in one of the bedrooms on my daughters PC with tv card. We can see the Bisdale mast on the other side of the vale of York (approx 30 miles) from our bedroom windows. So if there's a cheap & less messy way round my network / tv problem I'm open to suggestions.

Question is, is your electrical system going to support all these tellies and computers on at all corners of the house?! :beer:

As long as you don't tow up with an excessive amount of electric appliances & gadgets next time you stay it should be OK.

Question is, is your electrical system going to support all these tellies and computers on at all corners of the house?! :unsure:

As long as you don't tow up with an excessive amount of electric appliances & gadgets next time you stay it should be OK.

Electrically powered accessories? :beer:

Question is, is your electrical system going to support all these tellies and computers on at all corners of the house?! :D

Electrically powered accessories? :unsure:

:beer:

The mind boggles....... :D

We have two Aerials. One for the Front room and the other for upstairs. The lead exits the wall via a normal coax socket which is then fed into a Booster/Splitter. The Coax for the other outlets is fed from that. Three rooms and a socket for the room the Booster is in. Another cable goes to my "Hi-Fi" room from that aerial for the ttelly down there. The Booster is Digital compatible and drives the Kids Freeview boxes.