Sidi Boots

stuessenhigh

Heres a good one for you...and I couldn't feel angry at my local dealer 'cause he's a really nice bloke.

I asked him to get me some new soles for my Sidi boots...(i know for DEFINATE that they are available...even seen them in a factory catalogue from SIDI).

Anyway...with a smile on his face he said...If I sell those, no-one will buy any more boots from me.

GOOD POINT I said. ANd believe me..the uppers of SIDIS DO last for ever ..they are brilliant.

SO>....my question is.

DOes ANYBODY sell the Sidi soles????.........'cause I'd still really like to buy some!!!! :huh::wacko:

maybe try motonation in el cajon,ca.they are the sidi importers and i'm sure they'd know who stocks them.unfortunatly my sidis have finally had it,but they did last a long time.good luck. :huh:

Anyway...with a smile on his face he said...If I sell those, no-one will buy any more boots from me.

GOOD POINT I said. ANd believe me..the uppers of SIDIS DO last for ever ..they are brilliant.

Can't really blame him. I wouldn't imagine there are too many off-road shops in HK what with land being at a premium. So he's got himself a bit of a sinicure (sp?).

Personally, any dealer that made a comment like that to me would get very little of my business after. They will make something on the sale of the soles, afterall, even if it's not as much as they'd make on a new pair of boots. Keep the customer happy and he'll come back for other things, send him away unsatisfied and he'll look for it elsewhere...

I had the exact same problem. Sidi Tops last forever, soles don't. My advice, get some Gaerne soles and have a shoe cobbler put them on then you'll have the best of both worlds. That's what I did! Gaerne soles last forever. They are still going stong and are twelve years old now. I finally sold them two years ago to a new rider and he's still wearing them!

HI Brucej///I tend to agree with you on one hand...BUT...THe dealer here probably only sells about 3 pairs of Sidis a year anyway...so I kind of feel happy that he at least stocks SOME trials stuff.

ANyway...thanks for everyones help.

Ridgrunr..........thats a very good idea!..so NOW my question is

WHERE DO I GET GAERNE soles :wacko::D:D

Try Topfun at www.topfun.com

Gaerne soles at 34 Euros - Don't know how that translates to Hong Kong dollars though :wacko:

When I was in Hong Kong you could get a pair of shoes made overnight, so getting a pair of soles fitted shouldn't be a problem for you.