Taming The Beast

ktmsprocket

i have used baby powder on my throttle tube before! Worked like a charm and was really smooth! Same prinsiple(sp?) as graphite powder I suppose!

And i thought that was you smelling like a tart when i was ridding with you sean. :D

To get the throttle grips on I use hairspray.

Now where did I put my hairspray, hmmm....

I do actually use it for putting grips on myself. I bought a can specially for the garage which disappears when my better half runs out. I remember getting some funny looks with the garage door open, shouting up the stairs - "Have you pinched my hairspray again?"

Those that know me will acknowledge that my particular hairstyle don't need too much spray to keep it in place.

And Kinell - don't say a word or the Grecian 2000 adverts you modelled for will be doing their rounds again :D

The one thing with the hairspray - it does have a tendancy to loosen up again if you get it too wet - i.e. drop it in a river. Not normally a problem, but I managed to get both of mine in on a Novogar round so as well as being **** wet through and cold, my grips started moving too.

So KTMSprockets advice is fine as long as you do all of it and wire the grips too.

And Kinell - don't say a word or the Grecian 2000 adverts you modelled for will be doing their rounds again :rotfl:

:D

Will you be making an appearance in FW this May?

It would be good to see your mug at the end of a hard day, proper cheers me up it does :shutup:

I had the same experience with hairspray on my mountain bike. Tipped it in a creek and had two throttles for my MTB. Not really fun being 10 miles in the back country.

After that, I tried some 3M spray adhesive. This is super gooey and holds grips well even when wet. You do have to be quick thought because it sets up really fast. I like this because you don't have to wait long to be able to ride. I also wire both ends just to try to keep water out in the first place.

You lot obviously do not believe me, so go use some talc or graphite upon the signifigant other and tell me if it it works better than light oil! :D

Chader is a smart lad(non water soluable adhesives)! :rotfl:

There actually IS a thing called "Renthal Grip Glue" for the sort that are not so tight on the backside! Very much like 3M weatherstrip adhesive! :shutup:

copemech Posted Today, 12:07 AM

Zippy, you hilbilly! Is that my old 305 Scrambler in your avitar?

I are a cheap redneck yessir

Nope no scrambler, that there is a 1968 Sears Puch 250 2 stroke with 2 pistons and 1 combustion chamber. It's a pretty neat bike. but not running at this time. :D