California Youth Team

sirhc

Hi guys:

Just reading all your banter about the Youth Nationals and wondering what age all the kids are that you are trash talking about. My son will be riding the 10yr old -[2line) as far as I know. Could be a bit of an unknown seeing we are from Canada and all.He is coming along nicely. Starting to listen to the old man since Ryan Young echoed my philosophy on the last "On the Pegs " podcast. Looking forward to meeting all of you for sure. Do any of you actually drink beer??

Cheers,Steve

.He is coming along nicely. Starting to listen to the old man

Steve,

If your son actually listens then you are worlds ahead!! Sometimes when walking a section with my son I'm surprised he can find the exit gate he pays so little attention to me. :o Ya your son will be line two, we don't have any in that class from California. My son will be line 3 and we will have one in 13 & under (line 1) and two in the zero line. Your son will be in the same class as Alan Bechard's son (where has Alan been hiding?)

As far as beer goes I only drink maybe three or four a year. I don't think I have drank any yet this year so if I hold out until July maybe I will have two with you.....are you coming with any good Canadian brews?

Hensely,

Your riding area looks nice, a lot different than what we have around here! We have to travel north for trees. That's one of the things that bit my son last year at the TTC, he is used to turning around rocks and such where he has to watch his pegs, when he had to make tight turns around trees where he had to watch to not hit his bars he was out of his element.

I haven't seen Lane since our round 1 event in September so I have know idea what he is doing. As far as Sandavol from what I understand second hand is they are riding all the regular nationals and skipping the youth. I think there should still be good completion though, with the new classes Chase Harker will be in there, plus you have Bo Ibsen & Ian Delaney from out here in Ca. has made big gains this last year and you never know somebody we don't know could show up and kick butt or another kid could have just come on fire since last year! I expect it to be close again this year.

I forget aren't the Dennis' from Missouri? or was that some other "M" state back there? To us way out here in California all those little states back there blend together. The Dennis' seem like nice folk and there kids are good riders so there's three for the Missouri team.

No Jive,

Got your check yesterday, thank you very much!

Edited by sirhc

If your son actually listens then you are worlds ahead

You must be good riders and or have young kids. Im a poor rider started at 43 years old and with homer its hand him a drink of water and watch. my dumb advice usually messes him up. My scenario does avoid controversy however.

Sir hc ill be sure and look you up at the youth nationals hope to manage to get enough time away to maybe add the camp also. As far as youth support in my area i can afford to go more but the dairy farm ties me down quite a bit. Yes the Dennis family is from missouri and are good people both boy susually win if your wife has family in north missouri the dennis is only 20 mile from club quarry. i think nathans in the 10yr old class?? whatever alans boy deans in. dawson may be in 8 yr old class.

Steve,

You Canuks get podcasts up there?

I think the Canadian group that was there at TTC a couple of weeks ago drank all the beer in the county, aye! What a crew! (i think the cabin is still airing out!) They should have more beer by the time you arrive!

:o

Steve, My son Aaron will be riding the #2 line this year. Last year it was a sherco 50, this year a beta 80. He won on day three last year because he was on a small bike. This year a tougher line, clutch and a taller heavier bike, it may be a tough event for him. He is so small for his age, he looks tiny on the 80.

I look forward to knowing who a few people are this year.

Cope:

A true Canuck always brings some of the good stuff with him, just in case and to bribe people with!!! Sirhc, it's OK about the listening thing. It mostly only happens about trials so don't worry too much. I figure those National champ plaques on the wall have to be good for something, even if it is only getting my son to really focus on what I am saying about trials! The rest of the time, he's no different than any kid his age, the older he gets, the less I know :o Paul, looking forward to meeting you as well. The Beta 80 is a fantastic bike, totally happy with it. My son will be on one for at least one more year before we go the the 125, where he will stay for many years!!

Steve