Twinshock Trials / Disc Brakes And Other Mods

scrumpyjack

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is one bike that defies the twinshock catagory - Mick Andrews 1973 Yamaha TY250 OW10, its a monoshock! A Rare bike indeed, and not likely to turn up at any ride soon.

Similarly soul searching is the issue about whether to allow the Yamaha MX400B in Post-Classic motocross events. Here in OZ, Post Classic MX is for pre-75 bikes and the MX400B came out in late 1974 so should be eligible, but like the OW10, is also a (cantilever) monoshock bike.

I reckon that if we were lucky enough for someone to turn up on the OW10 at a Twinshock trials event, we should welcome them with open arms to have such an interesting bike to watch.

The more competition oriented riders can be assured that such a bike would not provide any technical advantage over late model Twinshock trials bikes. There are good reasons why trials bike design did not follow along the lines of the OW10.

Hi subanator, uprating those skinny forks on your ty175 is a good place to start..!

I have some TY yolks that have been machined out to take 35mm marzochi forks,

and i have a mint set of forks to go with them,... and of course front wheel, with disc

and even the master cylinder .. all just ready to slot into your bike.

Then i would get the barrel ported a little... I have a ty175 and it goes great,, even pulling

my big frame up most obstacles... it has shocked a few people.

Scrumpy

How long are your forks and what are they originally from - mighgt work great on my honda!

Hi subanator, uprating those skinny forks on your ty175 is a good place to start..!

I have some TY yolks that have been machined out to take 35mm marzochi forks,

and i have a mint set of forks to go with them,... and of course front wheel, with disc

and even the master cylinder .. all just ready to slot into your bike.

Then i would get the barrel ported a little... I have a ty175 and it goes great,, even pulling

my big frame up most obstacles... it has shocked a few people.

Scrumpy

Thanks anyway Scrumpy Jack, I am on the otherside of the world, so no advantage to me!

Yes what are they off and are they leading axel? I see pics around of Pinky 250 front ends on earlier TY's, but this would tend to slow the steering/lenghten the trail etc.

Interesting thought, but no to disc brake.

I have the appropiate JS specs to upspec the motor, just need another barrel to modify, and keep an original setup too.