The Voice Of Trials Riders And Supporters

daggs888

What sort of numbers could we get on a petition to take to the government, ref loss of land to hold events and areas to practise ? if we dont put this forward then trials will simply become a thing of the past !

I'm busy drafting a letter to my local MP that distinguishes us trials riders from mini moto's (riding streets without helmets, etc), illegal mx'ers, green laners and 4x4's. I really think that those taking action against 'off road users' dont understand trials and therefore tar all with the same brush !

Trials has been around for over 50 years .... mini moto's have been around less than three and we now face extingtion because of this group of people ... WHY ? because we ride bikes off road !. Many landowners are more than happy to let trials riders ride on their land, because most understand our sport but they are frightened off by laws passed by the government preventing 'off road sport'.

Its time we gave a BIG message outward regarding the nature of our sport .... I;m looking for support here to put an educated case forward to the governing bodies, who's with me ?

Yes I agree 100% but again should this job be carried out by the bodies who take a percentage of yours and my entry fee when we enter a trial. Also I think the mini moto thing is possibly on a downturn. What do people expect in a motorized bike for

What sort of numbers could we get on a petition to take to the government, ref loss of land to hold events and areas to practise ? if we dont put this forward then trials will simply become a thing of the past !

I'm busy drafting a letter to my local MP that distinguishes us trials riders from mini moto's (riding streets without helmets, etc), illegal mx'ers, green laners and 4x4's. I really think that those taking action against 'off road users' dont understand trials and therefore tar all with the same brush !

Trials has been around for over 50 years .... mini moto's have been around less than three and we now face extingtion because of this group of people ... WHY ? because we ride bikes off road !. Many landowners are more than happy to let trials riders ride on their land, because most understand our sport but they are frightened off by laws passed by the government preventing 'off road sport'.

Its time we gave a BIG message outward regarding the nature of our sport .... I;m looking for support here to put an educated case forward to the governing bodies, who's with me ?

I'm with him :D:thumbup:

well done!

the place we normally practice at has justt banned all other bikes apart from trials there at weekends and holidays (trails bikes have free reign all week long) and that seems to have kept complaints about noise etc down...