Helmet For Long And Narrow Heads?

ecd

I just got an NZI helmet (medium) and it fit the top crown of my head but I could see gaps between my ears and the foam. I'm tall and thin, is there anyone else out there with this problem? What helmet fits a long and narrow noggin'? Thanks

A persons head swells during extreme physical exercise, in my case manhandling the bike out of a section, after yet another 5. I've learnt that its not a good thing to have tight helmet, also you'll be able to hear the observer, when he shouts out 'get out the section, you've already fived'. So as long as it feels comfortable and don't fall over your eyes I'd leave it.

Edited by ask greeves

Yes??

I had one of those NZI helmets which pitch back and forth on your head when you attempt drop-offs (and gave my forehead a good chaffing).

I thought it was just my' tefal' heed but a mate of mine also bought the NZI carbon version and had the same problem (helmet chaffing --ooh err-- and temporary blindness after a drop-off).

Solution??..bought an X-Speed helmet,cheap and comfy. :thumbup:

Hahhahaha that's some funny stuff right there. Seriously though, seeing a gap between the ears and helmet is a bit much for me. I'll check the X speed. Anyone running the Shiro? I guess I need a deeper helmet as the NZI not only looks incredibly stupid on my noggin but just flat out doesn't fit. I sent the NZI back.

Anyone running the Shiro?

Yes, I am currently wearing a Shiro. I have had two NZI, and a YES helmet. The Shiro fits my head best of all. The shape makes it fit more like a headband, in that it is snug all the way around my head, versus there being contact (pressure points) only in certain areas.

Well I talk with the lady at Lewisport and she recommended a Shoei so I guess we'll try it and see. She tells me the Shiro is more for the round head. Unfortunately I can't try them on as the nearest place is 500 miles away. So I'll just keep ordering them until I find something that fits.

You've got me paranoid now,i just had to go and try mine on,now the mrs want's to take a photo of me with nothing else on but my helmet on.

Blimey. :thumbup:

It must be the shape of your helmet Bilco, we'll see it on my space next, "why I married the tit in the helmet"

You've got me paranoid now,i just had to go and try mine on,now the mrs want's to take a photo of me with nothing else on but my helmet on.

Blimey. :thumbup:

It must be the shape of your helmet Bilco, we'll see it on my space next, "why I married the tit in the helmet"

Hey Wishy. :thumbup:

I think it would sound better if we head it as "why i married the tit with two helmet's".

I ended up getting a Shoei and it fits pretty well. I went after it with the sander to take the "pads" down and it fits better now. It isn't the lightest or the smallest looking helmet, but it fits my apparetnly goofy shaped head! I wish someone would make a trials helmet with less foam. I am not seeing the need for so much foam with the nature of the sport.

• 4 weeks later...