At Least You Don't Get This At Hawkstone!

Andy

Working late tonight, got asked for a quick beer on way home. Broad daylight at 7.30 in not a bad area, all captured on CCTV right outside the pub, some bloke drove around the car park, stopped, had a look at a couple of cars, then smashed my drivers side door lock off. Had a look round the car, popped the boot, then got lucky and nicked my laptop bag.

Police not interested as it is vehicle crime, even though it's all on CCTV.

Working late tonight, got asked for a quick beer on way home. Broad daylight at 7.30 in not a bad area, all captured on CCTV right outside the pub, some bloke drove around the car park, stopped, had a look at a couple of cars, then smashed my drivers side door lock off. Had a look round the car, popped the boot, then got lucky and nicked my laptop bag.

Police not interested as it is vehicle crime, even though it's all on CCTV.

Tell the truth, it was your trendy 'man bag' that they nicked :)

Krikee Bikespace, that sucks mate. Sorry to hear that. Makes me want to kick some a$$! It's a testament to your character that you are able to joke about it. You have my sympathy for sure. The way I understand it from the news, the problem is meth addiction is driving these people to do crimes to get that stuff. I hope to God I never see any of my good friend become meth addicts. Reminds me of one of my favorite personal mantras, "But for the grace of God go I."

Achh there's no point crying over spilt milk.

Mind you I wasn't saying that as I drove around for 2 hours looking for a maroon fiesta. Reckon they would have had to sedate me if I caught them ;)

Not heard much of meths addicts - loads of drug problems over here I suppose.

The way I always try to look at it, which I sometimes think might be a bit sick, but it's well meant - Whatever happens to me, there's someone out there somewhere that got some bad news today and my minor upset is nothing.

:)

To be honest, the reason I think of that is it's actually happened a couple of times, I've been a little miserable over a blown up engine or something like that, and I hear about some other poor sods real bad news. It really puts things in perspective. I think you just have to realise that without needing to have the sobering truth forced in your face. Life's good, I just need a cheap mechanic and an enforced laptop upgrade ;)