Ssdt 2 Stage Maps

trialspro

Makes me laugh this whole map thing.

We buy a bike that we know has bags of grunt.... so we soften the tuning....

Why not buy a 125? LOL

I'd have a powerful map - then a soft map.... plus the choice to replace the map to suit what i need.

Whats the point of having "limp wristed" + "really limp wristed" map ? Doesnt make sense to me.

I want one map that will pull my arms from the sockets, one thats "soft" enought to use when thats not needed... then i'd get a few maps on my PC and load them as and when (im thinking a "mud map" etc etc)

Arent we in danger of de-tuning the 4RT to the point of losing one of its best features..???? If you dont want the power why buy a monty?

Not trying to be devils advocate just voicing an opinion... :o

Jza

Arent we in danger of de-tuning the 4RT to the point of losing one of its best features..???? If you dont want the power why buy a monty?

I think you've answered your own question, If you don't want the power, you buy a monty beacause you can alter the characteristics to suit.

Edited by Hughesy

You can ride every section in first, no need for any changes, the throttle grip gives you all the mapping you need.

I agree, I rode 22 out of 23 sections at the Ian Pollock in 1st but I like the fact you can soften it if you want to not because you need to, I tried it and found I really liked it. The point is, I'm not riding World round sections or British championship sections for that matter and believe that the softer map just takes the edge off the bottom and you can still have it revving to the moon.

Edited by Hughesy

You can ride every section in first, no need for any changes, the throttle grip gives you all the mapping you need.

I agree, I rode 22 out of 23 sections at the Ian Pollock in 1st but I like the fact you can soften it if you want to not because you need to, I tried it and found I really liked it. The point is, I'm not riding World round sections or British championship sections for that matter and believe that the softer map just takes the edge off the bottom and you can still have it revving to the moon.

100% correct. BTW which one didn't you do in 1st? Top one in Blackwater?

Only thing now is that you don't need this option on an 07 bike as it's great straight out of the box. This years upgrade is probably how they should have been from day one.

PERCE Posted Today, 07:13 PM

QUOTE(Hughesy @ Apr 19 2007, 06:18 PM)

100% correct. BTW which one didn't you do in 1st? Top one in Blackwater?

Only thing now is that you don't need this option on an 07 bike as it's great straight out of the box. This years upgrade is probably how they should have been from day one

Yes Perce, it was Blackwater but not the Blackwater SSDT sections but ones on the bedrock below the dam, a nasty big step at the end just needed a bit more waft than first could give!

I'd love to try an 07 to see the difference but can't afford to change at the minute anyway so I'll have to do with blinging my 06! :o

I think I might observe this year at the SSDT, so I'll keep an eye out for a bloke on a shiny new Mont.

this is the only map i use - (do you want to borrow it Kinell?) :wall:

Never mind maps, more flags and bigger L, R and SO signs at the side of the road :o

Dennis says :- Ya, he'll need signs like that, since I hear he's got his bike geared to do 96 mile n hour!!!!!!!!