What's The Best Twin Shock?

charliechitlins

Holy smoke subira.......... was I glad to get rid of that RL... it sat in wiggys shop for a year before he sort of sponsored me on it! well convinced me to buy it ( he was the original del boy ).... I tried hard to like it, but as soon as I got rid and bought a 325 bultaco, started to win again! Nice to know where the old bikes went..... cant picture you though with a name like subira.... probably know you well!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to know where the old bikes went..... cant picture you though with a name like subira.... probably know you well!

The Beamish was fenced off for a couple of Fantics ( a couple of 200s, then a 240) and as my first name is also Jamie, its how the Subira bit came about.

You Winslow Boys chopped the rear sub frame of one of my 200s, at my request, wanted a Bultaco look - the remaining sub frame was so soft, it got quite mis-shaped.

This was all at the time of some pretty busy South Midlands events - not a mono shock in sight: Haslams, Cowleys, Smiths, Faulkner, Blackmore, Huxtable, Koch, Allen, Dodd, Mills, Baker, Hole, Kinsey, - plus Dabster, Enrico, Milly etc.....

I'd say that the 156(200) Fantic was one of the best twin shocks. (Personally it took me from Novice to Expert and Centre to Nationals in a very short space of time.)

It marked a turning point for the 325/340 Sherpa and the 348/349 Cota, as you didn't need a big motor to do well anymore. Brian Fowler signed up everyone to ride one and it must have massed a tonne of Silverware in the process.